Tires What skins are you rollin' around on...? Discuss wrapping your rims in here...

Tire review: Fuzion UHP Sport A/S

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 07:06 PM
Default Tire review: Fuzion UHP Sport A/S

So, I bought these a week or so ago, for my Redline, in a size 215/45-17. They are W speed rated, so they should remain stable through (and past) the top speed of the car. I am running these at 36 psi...

The speedo reads 3miles slow at 75mph, not sure why...

The lateral grip from these is awesome with very little squealing, even when pushed too hard. They're a little noisy over certain surfaces, but I guess that's the norm for a 45 series, high performance tire...

They are adequate in the rain, but I haven't pushed them, so I don't know for sure how they perform...

I can actually use nearly full power in first before it spins, and even when they are spinning it pulls hard...

The car overall feels composed and secure even when going way over the posted limit, and for $85 and change mounted and balanced, I saved $80 by not getting the cheaper(of the two sub models) Cooper Zeon tires I was going to get... I'm glad I found these...

Old 07-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Just figured I would update my review... After a little time, I figured out these aren't great in the rain... The car seems a little squirmy, and cornering grip is severely diminished... Otherwise, they are great...

Old 07-10-2015, 06:40 AM

Thanks for the update. Seeing as how it rains every frigging day here, I won't consider those when I need new tires for my PT Turbo.

Old 07-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

ohhhh........look who's got a turrrrrrbo......."well....... "

Actually I find tire reviews across sizes and cars to be somewhat like comparing apples and oranges that came from different orchards owned by the same people.

A tire of Radius A with width B on Car C with a total weight of D and a weight distribution of E and Suspension F very likely will not behave the same on Car G with a tire of Radius H with width I on Car J with a total weight of K and a weight distribution of L and Suspension M.

It'll be similar, but all the other factors listed above factor into how well the tire grips the road. Chances are, if they are not good in the rain for 1 car, then they are likely not good for other sizes in the rain (since the tread pattern should be identical).

Like I said, it'll be similar

Old 07-10-2015, 05:07 PM

Just a thought Rube, but did you perhaps get a PT cruiser GT? Those were pretty fast... I just looked them up...

Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88
Just figured I would update my review... After a little time, I figured out these aren't great in the rain... The car seems a little squirmy, and cornering grip is severely diminished... Otherwise, they are great...
Okay, here's the deal... The car seemed squirmy in the rain, mostly because the front tires were at the wear bars... That's right, roughly 5-6k and the fronts were just about shot... I put them on the rear and the better rear tires on the front, and handling is confident again... These tires are also extremely noisy when worn, kinda sounds like I'm driving a truck with mudders on it...

Now, each car, with each driver is going to wear tires differently, but I think three sets of fronts to a set of rears is pretty ridiculous...

Old 08-12-2015, 10:11 PM

Yes, Jerama, I DID get a PT Cruiser GT. It has a 2.4 liter turbo with the auto-stick. It's fun to drive! And it is fast.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Really down to the wear bars in three months? Hopefully you make a boatload of money to keep buying tires at that rate. I must be too old, I expect to get 30-50k miles out of a set of tires.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Performance tires + Ion RedLine + leadfoot + spinning = worn out tires

What's the treadlife warranty? I'm gonna guess 20K if you wore them out evenly across the tread in 6k.

Or you got a bad batch of soft tires

Old 08-13-2015, 04:42 AM

Well, they're not worn quite evenly across the tread... They are worn more to the inside... The outside has perhaps 30% remaining, while the inside might not pass inspection... The car was aligned perhaps a month before buying the tires... My mom mentioned her ION chewed tires in such a manner(when she cornered hard), and she would usually require a full set after 12k or so... I try not to spin, but it does happen on occasion, what with the overly sensitive LS4 throttle body, and the 260whp the car should be theoretically packing... A lot of my problem is that I simply don't slow down for corners, as the car will take them with confidence and poise, just apparently chewing the crap out of the front tires in the process... I, hoping that a better tire will partially address this issue...

Quick Reply: Tire review: Fuzion UHP Sport A/S