Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/tires-20/)
-   -   recommendations for new tires ? (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/tires-20/recommendatins-new-tires-1586/)

GearHead 01-03-2008 11:09 PM

Looking to replace the oem 195-60-15 Goodyear Assurances that came stock on '07 ion 2, for the oem 15" rims..

But up-graded tires (all-season) with a good rep for use in rain..

Appreciate any suggestions...

BD96SL1 03-04-2008 04:53 PM

Well, I recently bought Toyo Spectrum Touring 195/60R15's for my '05 Kia Spectra and my wife's '96 SL1 (185/70R14)and they are a dream in the rain. Great dry traction as well. I have 3,000 miles on them, and they still drive like new. I mean, I'm no speed racer, but I have to try to get them to spin while accelerating hard or to get them to lock when I brake hard. Well worth the extra few bucks, not to mention the 80,000 mile warranty. You can't really go wrong. Cooper tires are excellent as well. Just my opinion though.

sw2cam 03-04-2008 08:19 PM

"Dunlop SP Sport A2 Plus" had a set of those and thought highly of them.Edited by: sw2cam

GearHead 03-04-2008 10:50 PM

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate them..

95_sl1 05-11-2008 03:42 AM

i have a 95 sl1 and the tires on it where replaced with a set of Goodyear Viva 2 185-70-14 instead of the recomended 175-50-14. they are ok but they dont have verry good wet traction. its not that hard to slip when accelerating especially on hills. i also have a set of aftermarket 15in wheels with Dayton Daytona HR 195-60-15 tires, these are the same tires that where on my integra (195-60-14), and they are great. they need replacing but whith good tread they are great dry and wet traction. my personal preference for tires are khumo ecsta, sumitumo, or yokahama. pricy yes but you get a good warranty and its deffinatly worth gettin the road hazard program. free replacement or any damaged tire due to nails, potholes, curbs, ect...

in my opinion though i stay away from goodyear. my mom had a set of goodyear viva2 like i have on my car now (they where on it when i got it) and she replaced 3 tires because of premature wear. and she had a set of goodyear egale 1 ls that started to bubble and cause shaking, she replaced them wiht some used tires and one hapend to be another goodyear egale 1 gs and it did the same thing. hopefully mine dont do that..

mightymouseroc 06-12-2008 03:29 AM

I have 01 SC2 with 195 60 15 and purchased gooodyear tripletread assurance and love them!! they were not cheap, but for a premium all season tire....They are probably the best all season tire i have ever purchased for a vehicle. I live in upstate ny...and we get hit with it all..they performed very well in deep snow, in heavy rain, and bite in dry conditions.

rockin''stripes 08-16-2008 10:49 AM

I just recently bought the Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread tires for my 05 Ion. They are the greatest tires I have ever had on any of my cars. They improved the handling of my car like you wouldnt believe. They are amazing on dry pavement. They stick to the road and make it so you can take turns that you would never think that your car could handle. These tires are also excellent in the rain. They stop you from hydroplaining if you go through water to fast. With these tires my car handles great in the rain. There is very little slip in the rain with them. These tires are also suposed to be good for snow but I havnt had the chance to test it yet but I can wait for the first snow fall of the year.