Suspension Talk about your suspension within...

coilovers Kit Struts??Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Banned

Ok, Im not to keen on the suspention thing.
#1----I want to get a coilover kit. I found the coilover set. Now I want to install them on KYB GR2.
Can that be done??

#2-------Just keep The OEM strut and Install</font> AROSPEED LOWERING KIT COIL SPRINGS.

What one is better???
I heard that lowering wears the tires down faster?
Anyone help Thanks[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
</font>

Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Banned

Oh I have a 99 sc2 3dr

Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Zulu747
Ok, Im not to keen on the suspention thing.
#1----I want to get a coilover kit. I found the coilover set. Now I want to install them on KYB GR2.
Can that be done??

#2-------Just keep The OEM strut and Install AROSPEED LOWERING KIT COIL SPRINGS.

What one is better???
I heard that lowering wears the tires down faster?
Anyone help Thanks[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

it can be done, but you will have worse handling than a stock saturn and may damage parts and possibly make your car completely unsafe to drive. what you're talking about are NOT coil-overs. they're coil-over SLEEVES. big difference. kyb struts can't handle the higher rates. there are no aftermarket struts (readily available) that can deal with these spring rates. stick with a regular strut (like the kyb) and an eibach spring and you'll be much better off.

STAY AWAY FROM SLEEVED COIL-OVERS!!!

s3aturnr

Old 09-26-2007, 11:28 PM

I had the sleeved coil overs on my old sl1 and i welded the sleeve to the strut and had custom valved struts. It rode like sh*t rock hard, but handled much better then stock. all and all i would never go back to that set up the spring rates where way to high for road use

Old 09-27-2007, 08:08 AM

IF you want a big drop. get your self some sprint extremes. And the kybs and you will be fine.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM

the suspension was the hardest thing for me to do because the parts are so limited. If i were planning on keeping my car for a couple more years i think i would go with the sprint extreme drop and the kybs and just cut the bumpstops alittle shorter for more suspension travel. sprint has soft spring rates so it should feel pretty nice.
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-47";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Actually suspension parts are the one thing for our car that there is lots of stuff to choose from. There are several companies that make springs, four or five strut choices, and poly bushings. Theres even real coilovers, (not the cheap sleeve ones) but those are really expensive.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:22 PM

low saturn what are the names for those companies??

Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM

Id assume that Tein would have coilovers for the saturn. But for true coilovers your looking at big money. I agree with S3aturnR on this one. Just stick with a nice set of lowering springs like eibach and some aftermarket struts and youll have a much better ride quality. Also with those stupid sleeves if you lower it too much youll have to deal with negative camber and will be in need of a camber kit. Not worth the effort for the crappy ride quality IMO

Old 05-12-2008, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Id assume that Tein would have coilovers for the saturn.
They'd end up costing more that what the average Saturn is worth [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: coilovers Kit Struts??Lowering