SF Help & Suggestion Center Need help with SF? Ask... Have a suggestion to better SF? Tell us here...

Help needed with e-mail notifications

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default Help needed with e-mail notifications

Please help me end the e-mail notifications I receive every time someone responds to a thread I have responded to.
Thanks
Andy

Old 04-14-2015, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Go to top right of screen, click, your name choose user cp. In left most column select edit options. There will be a default subscription email notification menu for you to choose from.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:
No email notifications
Is this the correct area, I still receive notifications
Thanks

Old 04-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

key is in the language there -- when you post a NEW thread, don't email me.
The existing subscribed threads are still set to email you.
Go to user CP, Subscribed Threads, List subscriptions. Will display a list of all the threads you are subscribed to and the notification they are set to.

Click on the View all subscribed threads link above the table (you'll see it) to get all of them displayed

Click the box next to Notification in the blue header bar of the the table to select all subscribed threads. With all threads showing, this SHOULD select all x pages of threads, not just the current one.

Go to the bottom of the screen, select "no email notification" from the "selected threads" dropdown menu in the black bar at the bottom of the table, and click go.

All those historically set to email you should now be set to no notification. You can of course confirm this by checking the pages listing your subscribed threads to verify that the notification type for each says "none".

Personally I would check the 1st 3 pages and the last 3 pages since the last 3 are the oldest and we know you were receiving notifications from them. If they are ok you should be good to go.