Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   Wiper Controller (cannot find a replacement) (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/wiper-controller-cannot-find-replacement-12725/)

Steve-o 01-12-2023 05:18 PM

Wiper Controller (cannot find a replacement)

Hello everyone,

I have 2002 Saturn SL2 sedan and am having an issue finding a replacement part for the Windshield wiper controller. The windshield wiper only works on high and need a new controller module. The OEM is "BOSCH" 21303659. Has anyone one else had this issue and has found either a place to find a new module or a after market replacement for this unit.
I have searched local wreckers, and every auto parts store out there.
Thank you in advance.

Steve

DropDead 01-12-2023 07:51 PM

My local junk yard has an 02. I can go saturday

Steve-o 01-13-2023 12:04 PM

Really? that would be awesome! The controller has two plug in for wires. the single plug in ones from other Saturn's wont work. Let me know, and thank you...

DropDead 01-13-2023 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Steve-o (Post 70262)
Really? that would be awesome! The controller has two plug in for wires. the single plug in ones from other Saturn's wont work. Let me know, and thank you...

How much are you looking to spend? I don't wanna buy it if it'll cost to much. But shouldn't be to expensive. And what's your zip code so I can get a shipping quote?
Also, PayPal work?

Steve-o 01-13-2023 01:56 PM

Thank for the reply,

I am guessing it shouldn't be more than $50.00 or $60.00 at most. My zip code is 95624

Steve-o 01-13-2023 01:57 PM

I don't have paypal. sorry, well do some other way...

derf 01-13-2023 08:12 PM

Is he talking about the controller that attaches to the external motor or the circuit board in the multifunction switch? I always assumed it was the circuitry in the multifunction switch handled the speed settings with something like a resistor pack setup and then sent a particular voltage or digital signal to the motor controller.

Which one is it? That's what the thread was originally about. 95.

DropDead 01-14-2023 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 70266)
Is he talking about the controller that attaches to the external motor or the circuit board in the multifunction switch? I always assumed it was the circuitry in the multifunction switch handled the speed settings with something like a resistor pack setup and then sent a particular voltage or digital signal to the motor controller.

Which one is it? That's what the thread was originally about. 95.

Part number comes back to the controller on the motor. I was thinking stalk, too

Steve-o 01-14-2023 01:10 PM

The BOSCH 21303659 controller next to the wiper motor. Thought it was the switch on the steering column and replaced that first. GM calls this a "wiper pulse controller" i read on some auto parts places online. Finding one has been pretty tough.
Thanks

DropDead 01-14-2023 10:27 PM

And I learned today the bracket mounting the motor and module is bolted under the dash. And when your wrench slips disconnecting the linkage from the motor, you loose a lot of blood and get several butterflies to hold the skin back in place. I'm trying to source one in a less bodily damaging way now