Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   starter removal 2003 vye V6 AWD=??? (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/starter-removal-2003-vye-v6-awd%3D-10198/)

Twinpilot001 08-14-2015 06:40 PM

starter removal 2003 vye V6 AWD=???

How do i access the starter on this v6 awd car? Point me to a procedure.I actually am trying to replace the Crank shaft sensor-its located?? close to the starter. yet after crawling under the car I cant even see the starter. Help Please.

Rubehayseed 08-14-2015 09:22 PM

Here's a youtube video showing how to replace the CPS.
I'm not sure where the starter is on the V-6 Saturns. I've never owned nor worked on one. I'm going to guess it's probably between the firewall and engine. Disconnect your battery before you fool with it. If you can't find the starter, it sounds like you probably shouldn't be trying this on your own anyway. Best of luck to you.

Twinpilot001 08-15-2015 08:04 AM

starter access?

Thanx for the video- i have seen one this man previously posted. didnt show starter removal at all. What it doesnt explain is = As I have just looked under this car-Im still curious as to what wheel?? lt or rt. to remove & appears theres also a panel that must be removed to gain access to this area? I know the starter must be on the firewall side of engine . Appears the drivers side wheel & any associated panel behind it needs removal? Thanx

derf 08-15-2015 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
See attached thumbnail, #6 is the CKP (Crank Position Sensor)

Note Big Arrow pointing towards front of car. This CKP is mounted betw the front fender and the crank, not betw the firewall and the crank.
If this is not your engine, then continue searching the net as I did.

Rubehayseed 08-15-2015 10:04 PM

Nice find, derf! They really tucked the starter in there on that V-6, didn't they? Anyway, Twinpilot, you have your answer. I'd suggest some good jack stands and a bright light under the car so you can see what's what.

Twinpilot001 08-16-2015 06:42 AM

Thanx to all !!

Slid under the car again last eve. Found the starter!! Wholly Cow- i need arms the size of a spagetti noodle to get to that one. Now - going to a shop with a lift!! Thanx to all for the input!!

Rubehayseed 08-16-2015 07:51 AM

Yep, it's pretty obvious that a lot of automtovie engineers NEVER work on their own vehicles, isn't it?

Twinpilot001 08-19-2015 02:28 PM

Thanx to all- Got the crank pos changed -still same problem-posting again. Again Thanx

Rubehayseed 08-19-2015 09:35 PM

Where'd you get that sensor? I sure hope it was from a GM dealer and not a chain store like Autozone. If so, you got what you paid for. A cheap sensor that's not within the proper parameters for the Saturn engine. I NEVER buy sensors anywhere except from a dealer. At least that that I'm getting OEM parts. Sometimes aftermarket parts are NOT such a bargain.

Twinpilot001 08-21-2015 11:03 AM

Bought sensor from NAPA - Id hate to get dealer pricing!! The car actually acts up (quits) at different mileages now.??Since cps replaced. Im still leaning to computer bad since everything shuts off - even fuel pump=just like key turned off!