Saturn vue 3-5-r trans problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 01:22 PM
Banned
Cool Saturn vue 3-5-r trans problems

Hi ,new to the forum, Last year my 08 vue trans went out and I contacted GM ,they said they hadn't seen much of my problem with the faulty 3-5-r wave plate. After much pushing and some help from my dealer they agreed to pay 40% of the estimated $4000 repair ,2 months later they decided to pay for ALL repairs 100% and reimburse people who had repair done prior. Fantastic!! The problem is I was never notified and now they say because I turned in my claim 5 days late they are denying it. Pretty appointing when they wave the carrot and then pull it away. I've owned GM cars all my life, ( all the way back to my 67 442) but I'm not so sure I will anymore . Anyone else out there had this happen??

Old 04-27-2016, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

How did you know to turn in a claim at all if you weren't notified?

Old 04-27-2016, 06:54 AM

A good attorney can resolve it with one phone call. They tried to dink me on a faulty fuel pump assembly in a POS Equinox I had. When I mentioned an attorney, they miraculously managed to find mine on the recall list and fixed it.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Banned
Default Vue 3-5-r trans

In reply ,the reason I found out about the reimbursement program was I stopped at the dealer to get my service records. And yes in reply to the other response I got on the forum I may have to contact my lawyer,( it's a shame when things have to come to that).

Old 04-29-2016, 04:05 AM
Super Moderator

Ouch. That's a double smack in the face. Sorry. So they agree it would have been fully reimbursed but are now counting days. Lame.

Slowly and gently work your way up the customer service ladder to the regional manager.
This is a dangerous question but ask him if he can verify that you were notified, when, and to what address the notification was mailed. If it was not mailed to the service address on file w GM it is on them. If you moved and did not update your address w GM, I'm afraid they are going to say it came back undelivered ("we tried").

Either way that part will be out in the open.

Then ask him if 5 days, in a situation like yours, is really make or break, given that the transmission issue is a recognized and admitted design flaw, and GM had already only partially reimbursed you at the time, if they can't just finish the chapter by doing what is honorable. Not right. Honorable. Make him a list of every GM vehicle year make and model, and tell him the sense of pride you've felt all these years driving around for almost 50 years behind the wheel of a GM product.

Tell him you've demonstrated your loyalty to the brand, and you would be quite disappointed if GM did not choose to recognize it with a gesture of goodwill by covering the remainder of the cost.

If he says no, tell him you're saddened at the response but do not get visibly upset, thank him for his time, and be on your way.

Do NOT tip your hand by mentioning a lawyer at any point. Let him be surprised if it takes that route.

Write up a journal that documents your discussions w exact quotes from him. You will need it in court