ignition key problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM

Well, after havfing my last post removed for some reason. I thought I'd bring you up to date on my problem.

In my previous post I could not get the ignition key to turn so we had it towed to a nearby GMC dealer who said they had seen this problem before. Seems when ever the key gets slid in and out small amounts of the key get worn off and drop into the switch and will eventually cause it to lock up. The tech replaced the switch, rekeyed it to my key, lubed the switch and everything is ok now.
Edited by: sw2cam

Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM

They have seen this before, well I hope so because ignition switch's have been going bad from the first day they were installed in automobiles.

Hope they cut you a new key also. Edited by: sw2cam

Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Profiles that keep getting changed back to have

the WYSIWYG post editor turned on will get deleted again and again

Old 08-11-2008, 11:56 AM

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post what happened with my ignition on my 2007 Saturn VUE. My key was getting locked in my ignition, not wanting to turn every other time I''d try to start my car. I''d have to jiggle it and then eventually it would turn. I took it in and they said that there was some kind of service call that went out (I didn''t hear) on the ignition. That the greese they used on these caused the ignition to lock up. So they took it out, cleaned the greese off, relubed it, cut another key and put it back in. I''m hoping this does the trick and Iwon''t have any other problem with it. We''ve also experience problems with the radio. The button > from time to time won''t search for stations and my CD was suck in it. I had to turn it off and then back on and then the CD came out. They''re giving me a new radio. Not sure if that will solve it but just wanted to report that here as well.

Let me know if anyone else has experienced these issues.