Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   I think I lost my AC Clutch or my mind - 07 vue greenline (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/i-think-i-lost-my-ac-clutch-my-mind-07-vue-greenline-8415/)

minihoser 09-06-2013 04:14 PM

I think I lost my AC Clutch or my mind - 07 vue greenline

1 Attachment(s)
I either lost my ac clutch or my mind.

AC not working, read it is semi common for the ac clutch to just fall off. Is the ac clutch replaceable and at what cost compared to a new compressor. New compressor quote is 900-1100.

According to my pict, could the clutch be replaced or do I need a new compressor?

Thanks,
Jason

OceanArcher 09-06-2013 08:09 PM

I will admit - that picture you included is a first for me from a unit in service

Paul b 09-06-2013 09:04 PM

Part of the ac clutch is missing the rest of it is usually held on by a snap ring inside there you should be able to buy just the cluch but I never seen one come apart by itself.

Dtruck1 09-06-2013 09:36 PM

The clutch by itself is normally more than a remanned compressor. Also, the half of the clutch that you still have is pressed on to the compressor shaft. It may be less labor to swap the compressor. I did mine on my SL1 in about 2 hours. That was charging the system and everything.

Andrew Carey 05-16-2018 04:34 PM

Hey ! I know this is a VERY old post but the clutch itself on my moms Saturn Vue has fallen off but everything is still there its just missing the center bolt that holds the clutch on. Does anyone know what size bolt that is ?

02 LW300 05-16-2018 11:35 PM

I would check and see if the bolt has broken off inside the shaft. It is rare for the bolt to fall out, more common to break off. I replaced the last compressor I found like that.

Hardenlyndz 05-22-2018 12:23 PM

Help!!!

Originally Posted by Andrew Carey (Post 59641)
Hey ! I know this is a VERY old post but the clutch itself on my moms Saturn Vue has fallen off but everything is still there its just missing the center bolt that holds the clutch on. Does anyone know what size bolt that is ?

my AC blows out nothing but hot air right now and by reading what you said how exactly do you know if your compressor fell off and where is it you have a picture of it

derf 05-25-2018 12:53 AM

The clutch fell off, not the compressor.

The way it looks is the clutch is no longer connected.
-----------------
95% guess your AC system is low on refrigerant due to a leak. Either fill with quick kits at auto parts store (READ DIRECTIONS AND BE SAFE--it really does freeze your skin).

Or go to mechanic and have him draw a vacuum on the system, see if it will hold refrigerant. Compressor will not turn on because (system is over pressurized, underpressurized (your likely case), or the compressor is dead. Or A/C relay is bad