Possible Engine Swaps and Best Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Default Possible Engine Swaps and Best Lowering Springs

Hi guys, so I’m for the most part new to the Saturn community. I just inherited my dads 2004 Vue. I know that the J35 runs and is possible in some manner for some cues. However, I didn’t know if a K20 would be better or work better in the Saturn engine bay(the 04 is a manual 5 speed with the 2.2L 4 Cylinder). If there aren’t any other engines then is it better to build the head instead(pistons, sleeves, rods etc)? Also, I want to lower the saturn(not slammed but as for performance and lowering the weight closer to the ground) and if anyone knows which springs or coil overs are best and work for my model that’d be great. Thanks👌🏾

Old 06-17-2018, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator

Not too many Vue mod folks that I remember on this site. If if you are looking for performance I think you would obviously want to upgrade to a V6. As for which one, that would be up to you as you seem to know more about Honda engines. For example I have no idea which would be both ends and which would not. Also not sure how the PCM and BCM situation would play out.

If you are looking to build the engine, it sounds as though you are planning a turbo or supercharged experience. I know it has been done on vues. People always ragged on the older vues for their lack of handling so I'm not sure you want to pour a bunch of money into the Vue with the hopes of improving the handling too much.

The Vue was designed as a utilitarian vehicle. You can always improve on what it is but I'm not sure you can change it too far from its original DNA.

As for Springs, eibach used to make springs for the S cars that people really liked. I have no idea what Springs people use for the vues as not many people do it.

Sorry I could not be of more help. Please feel free to create a build thread in the view section should you decide to go forward and keep us apprised of your progress.