Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   2007 Vue Brake Issue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/2007-vue-brake-issue-7872/)

pdavis0285 05-19-2013 04:40 PM

2007 Vue Brake Issue

Hello everyone! I hate that my first post in this forum is a problem. Only had this car for a few days, but am already in love. I had a 95 Saturn SL in high school that I ran to 200,000 with not much maintenance, so
I know they are great cars. I just bought a used 2007 Saturn Vue V6 AWD with 66,000 miles on Wednesday from the local toyota dealerhip. Yesterday, I was coming to a stop at a red light. I hit a small pothole when I was almost stopped. I heard a sort of grinding noise, then when I tried to start going again, one or both back wheels seemed to be locked up. I was able to get the car to the shoulder by dragging the stuck wheel(s). I turned the car off then back on, and everything seemed fine. I drove straight home. When I pulled into my neighborhood and went over the first speed bump while applying the brakes, they seemed to catch in the back again. All four wheels were still rolling this time, but it felt like driving with the parking brake on accompanied by a grinding/squealing noise. Any ideas?

OceanArcher 05-19-2013 07:42 PM

OOoooooooo --

You're outa my area of expertise/comfort with this problem ... hopefully some of the others will chime in on this ...

Rubehayseed 05-19-2013 09:38 PM

I'd suggest going back to the dealership and having them check it out. Something doesn't sound right about any of that! I just got rid of an AWD Equinox that I was starting to have problems with. Don't miss it at all!

pdavis0285 05-19-2013 10:27 PM

I am actually going to the dealership I purchased from tomorrow for them to replace the stereo head unit. I was just seeing if anyone had any ideas so I could tell them where to start with them being a Toyota dealer. I do hope they know what to look for.

Rubehayseed 05-20-2013 06:35 AM

I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'd have them look at the wheel cylinders and brake hoses and hardware first. Then look at the emergency brake and any and all sensors that may be associated. It should not be doing something like that and before I'd dump anymore money into it, I'd get that fixed or get rid of it.

pdavis0285 05-20-2013 07:45 AM

Thanks for the pointers. We shall see whatthey come up with today. I jus bought it this past wednesday, so I would hope I won't be paying for the repairs.

pdavis0285 05-20-2013 07:09 PM

Just returned from the dealership with wonderful news! The bolt that holds the speed control module broke causing it to jostle around when I was hitting bumps. This apparently was telling the car to apply abs and not release. Car is already fixed by the wonderful mechanic who stayed late to fix it. I am beyond pleased.

OceanArcher 05-20-2013 07:18 PM

Glad you found your problem. Definitely out-of-the-ordinary issue ...

Rubehayseed 05-21-2013 07:46 AM

Wow, I've never heard of that happening before, but anything is possible. Glad to hear it's fixed and you should bake that mechanic some chocolate chip cookies or brownies for staying late to fix it for you. He didn't have to do that.

pdavis0285 05-22-2013 12:19 AM

Oh, I know! I am currently trying to obtain an email or phone number to someone pretty high up at the dealership to sing his praises to. I have never had great luck with dealerships until yesterday.