Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   07 Saturn vue 2.2l L4 base to redline (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/07-saturn-vue-2-2l-l4-base-redline-12247/)

New07Vue2.2 01-15-2021 10:18 PM

07 Saturn vue 2.2l L4 base to redline

Hey guys, I was just wondering if it is feasible to put the redline body panels on the base model? Also, I was wanting to stiffen my 07 Saturn vue 2.2l 4cyl fwd suspension when turning. Someone said the redline suspension would make it better. So I was wondering what is different with the base model and the redline suspension?
thanks guys

derf 01-16-2021 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by New07Vue2.2 (Post 66232)
Hey guys, I was just wondering if it is feasible to put the redline body panels on the base model? Also, I was wanting to stiffen my 07 Saturn vue 2.2l 4cyl fwd suspension when turning. Someone said the redline suspension would make it better. So I was wondering what is different with the base model and the redline suspension?
thanks guys

The difference between the base and the first generation vue red line are the body styling panels meaning I think it is a ground effects package for looks, plus a lower and stiffer suspension.

The entry for the Vue on Wikipedia is rather detailed. Search Saturnfans.com for the specifics of the suspension and how to switch. Oh. Different rims and tires. And a Honda V6.

I see no reason why redline body panels with not fit on a vehicle that left the factory as a base model. They would not be so enough to have a different frame. Different mounts for the different engines but I can't see the body being different. My opinion anyway. Move forward at yer own risk

New07Vue2.2 01-17-2021 02:17 AM

I think I agree with what you're saying. I've already been researching it for a lil bit, been sifting through these forums and read the Wikipedia and the kbb and carid and so on. I've even compared all the pictures on Google and as far as i can tell.. The frames are the same so the mounting should be too. And with the suspension it seems to be the same but my question with that is if I'd have to change everything or just shocks and struts? (By everything I mean I have no clue) lol. Thanks again.

DropDead 01-17-2021 02:21 AM

I know for sure the body kit is a direct fit. I believe it was shocks struts and springs as far as suspension goes

New07Vue2.2 01-17-2021 02:29 AM

Thanks man. I'm not even sure if I'll end up doing it. 😕 There's just something that's not right looking bout this car.. Is too tall and kinda feels like an suv but it drives like a tuner. It's like Saturn didn't know what the hell they were going for. Lol

DropDead 01-18-2021 09:50 PM

They didnt. Lower it. Wider wheels. A few bolt ons. It'll have some get up. Or chop it and make a UTE. Considered that with the white one I had but stopped caring.
got a buddy I'm helping turbo his

New07Vue2.2 01-19-2021 04:53 AM

Yea, maybe drop it a couple inches and get some slightly wider and more shallow tires. Only when stuff is ready for replacing though of course. 😆 If I do lower it I'm gonna delete the roof rack and the Reese hitch.

Is it a truck? NO! Is it a car?NO! It's just the VUE!

DropDead 01-20-2021 02:00 AM

Maybe one day I'll have one worth converting to a UTE.
but for now imma do it to my ion.
Not sure your location but you could probably sell that hitch