Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Vue (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/)
-   -   03 af23 swap, need exact correct wiring part # (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-vue-24/03-af23-swap-need-exact-correct-wiring-part-9247/)

standingforreason 01-29-2014 03:49 PM

03 af23 swap, need exact correct wiring part #

Someone who has done this successfully or knowledgeable expert please help. 2.2 fwd had bad cvt-vti. All parts aquired including 04 aisin af23 which is bolted up. Cannott find the correct wiring and other posts as well as gm are wrong, gm # 21997394 does not plug into af23 = i bought it new from gm and returned it after i was unable to use it and it required a different pcm connnection also. I went to a junkyard and pulled all wiring and pcm tcm from an 03 ion sedan that has a different connection at left strut tower = my vue needs a male 10 pin plug and the ion has a square plug coming off pcm with 20 wires that goes thru firewall, the part # for this wiring is 22713175 = does any expert know what wires i can use to connect a 10 pin ? Or the true accurate wire part # that will actually work ??? Thank you ...

RjION 01-29-2014 04:30 PM

None of the regulars of this site have done the swap.

standingforreason 01-29-2014 04:38 PM

Thank you for replying at least. I appreciatte that.

But that makes no sense, because when i bought this project 16 months ago there seemed to be a lot of people doing this swap and that is how i got the idea to do it in the first place. Now it is going to come down to either one who did it successfully or a wiring expert. I truly am surprised that i am having this much mis-information as in #'s and models to get it from. Again, thanks for the help ...

Rubehayseed 01-29-2014 05:10 PM

Any chance you were on a different Saturn forum? I've heard there are more than this one. I think saturnfans.com is one.

standingforreason 01-29-2014 05:14 PM

Yes, i joined both saturn forum & saturnfans

But not one single reply since yesterday there, and here there has been 2 already and this is the first day here. Someone must have done this to a vue successfully or know how to solve my problem, at least i truly hope ...

Rubehayseed 01-29-2014 05:21 PM

Wish I could help you, man, but I've never even looked under the hood on a VUE.

standingforreason 01-29-2014 05:23 PM

Thank you for taking the time to try and help ...

It is much appreciatted, someone out there has the knowledge i seek ...

standingforreason 01-29-2014 08:11 PM

Graft 2 wiring sets together ??

I ran accross a post on the other forum of using m43 option trans wires into fuse block of original wires = may be possible ... (that is just the thought process i was working on in my mind but have not yet resolved)

sw2cam 01-30-2014 10:45 AM

I'm with Rube and Rj here. I've never done the swap. I don't own a VUE with a vti or any other transmission. We do have a sticky thread about a swap for an ION.

standingforreason 01-30-2014 05:29 PM

its ok

out there are some who have finished the swap succesfully on a vue, i just need to be patient until i find them ...