Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn S Series Sedan (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-s-series-sedan-27/)
-   -   painted reflector area on trunk?? anydiff? (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-s-series-sedan-27/painted-reflector-area-trunk-anydiff-3330/)

budsjlm 06-07-2009 11:02 PM

painted reflector area on trunk?? anydiff?

ok ive noticed a few sl's where my trunk has the red reflector area the are some out there that have that area painted the same color of the car.. is there a dif about those cars or just an option??

budsjlm 06-07-2009 11:04 PM

i do really like it i am contemplating takinging it to my friends body shop and having them do it what do u all think?

derf 06-07-2009 11:23 PM

umm....year, model?

and do what? add it or take it away?

what you saw was probably sl1 vs sl2 (???)

Why would you want to pay anyone to change the reflector panel configuration? Put your money into performance ehancing mods -- like paying to turbo my 95 SC2

___
Aside:
sw2cam -- do you think this might disintegrate into another "reflector panel" discussion.....?

I do miss those days......

budsjlm 06-07-2009 11:37 PM

i got a sl2 im pritty sure it was an sl2 it was a late 90's like mine and paint matching the reflector part on the trunk... and if i had that kind of money id be putting into my 85 monte carlo

derf 06-08-2009 07:04 AM

Probably an SL1 you saw.....

Well at least you have enough money to keep an exhaust system and steering wheel on the Monte Carlo -- I'm not sure it'd be street legal without those.... (and mighty hard to steer I might add)

Of course, with no state inspections in MN, I guess pretty much anything goes....
____
Checked out your pix.....

Is that matte black finish on the MC borne from a spray can? I'd like to think it is primer but the sheen is all wrong....

And I seriously hope you helped rescue people from that burning vehicle BEFORE you stopped to snap an action shot

budsjlm 06-08-2009 07:45 AM

i like it i think km going to do it friends with the body shop said of they can do it free since they have the exact car in the shop now so they have the paint :)

budsjlm 06-08-2009 07:49 AM

i think it just looks cleaner.... well those r mods on the monte.... and it spray bombed i bought it cheap cuz a the person hit a pole so i replace a few front end parts an bombed it so it wasnt

budsjlm 06-08-2009 07:51 AM

colored... and the truck was mine .. owned it no more than 4 days... was on my way to work and was standin on the corner waiting for the fire dept to show up so i snaped a picture...

derf 06-08-2009 04:32 PM

just making sure you are an upstanding member of society.....

Can you post a pic of the rear reflector panel area you've been discussing?

budsjlm 06-08-2009 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
On an actual computer this is weird everything is soooo large... ha... blue one is mine and silve is what ive been seeing and am going to do