window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Just put a new motor in my 95 saturn SL2, not new but from a wreck. motor has has a varing idle but not constantly varing, just every once in a while. It also hangs at about 1500 rpm when coming to a stop after putting the clutch in it hits 1500 hangs for a little bit and drops down to 800-900 rpms, normal idle. My first thought is a vaccum leak, but I was wondering if anyone new what codes 13 and 45 where because while driving it flashed the service engine light and these codes came up. thanks for the help.

i'll get back, if I find a vaccum leak.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Code 13 = Oxygen Sensor, circuit open or not ready
Code 45 = Oxygen Sensor indicates system rich

Sounds like one of the 02 sensors is not connected (unit or wiring defective). PCM pushing engine to run rich as a result -- this might be contributing to your increased idle.

Would try swapping in your old O2 sensors, one at a time, to troubleshoot (if you still have them).

Did you swap in a new ECTS (engine coolant temp sensor) after you did the engine swap? May still have the crappy original plastic tipped one in there. Replace ECTS sensor (brass one) and connector .

Derf

Old 05-09-2006, 09:16 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
It was was the O2 sensor, had to do a little bit searching to find what the code was eventually found it. replaced the O2 sensor and so far everything looks great.

I was wondering how long do these engines normally last? 150,000 or 200,000 miles? I don't have a clue, it just seems that there aren't a lot of them around in the wrecking yards. I think it is mainly the 95 year, kinda a odd ball year just stuck in the middle unlike any other.

thanks for all the help

Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

I have a 95 SC2 and a 97 SC2 -- got about 180K out of each. The key to these engines is religious oil changes and topping it off after it begins burning. (Put Saturn reman engines in both, as the bodies were pristine inside and out). People thought I was crazy -- but with 35mpg on the highway with the A/C on, and gas over $3/gal, not lookin' so crazy after all.....
Would have liked to rebuild but I just didn't have the time or the knowledge (yet) to do so.

I think the single cams tend to last longer; 200K+ is not uncommon for a properly maintained Saturn.

Derf

Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

//-->
</>
Thanks for the info, I know i'm lovin the gas milage with the way gas prices are heading.

Good luck to all

Old 01-06-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by codyj88
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if
//-->
</>
It was was the O2 sensor, had to do a little bit searching to find what the code was eventually found it. replaced the O2 sensor and so far everything looks great.

I was wondering how long do these engines normally last? 150,000 or 200,000 miles? I don't have a clue, it just seems that there aren't a lot of them around in the wrecking yards. I think it is mainly the 95 year, kinda a odd ball year just stuck in the middle unlike any other.

thanks for all the help
my 95 saturn sl2 dohc with automatic transmission has 250k miles on it, i just replaced the o2 sensor and it still shifts and drives like it has less than 50k on it

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM

My '99 SW2 (wagon) has 198k on it and is burning 1 quart of oil every 1,000 miles, about every 3 tanks of gas or so...the ONLY problem I've had so far is a crack in the side of the radiator (replaced with new) at 185k, and now having a problem with the low-coolant sensor, which will be fixed next weekend...
Need a pickup truck to tow my boat, so I might sell this SW2 and get a truck this year...