Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Outlook (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-outlook-35/)
-   -   The Leak (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-outlook-35/leak-11408/)

Thomas DiIorio 07-25-2018 02:14 PM

The Leak

Oh boy...here goes. I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook FWD. For the second time in a span if a few years, water has leaked from the sunroof and into the electrical components, fuseboxes, floors, etc. This is the infamous drainhose clogging issue that many may know about.

The car now only starts when the key is REMOVED from the ignition. The steering wheel is locked but I can shift gears and move the car backward and forward. I've cleaned up the water, grime and little larvae growing from the water intrusion. All electronics work correctly (even the butt warmer 😊)

What I've tried so far:
-Replaced the ignition switch.
-Replaced the battery
-Checked all of the fuses of the underhood fuseboxes
-Checked several fuses of the under dash fusebox
-Threw a temper tantrum
-Cut my finger trying to get to impossibly placed screws
-Checked for recalls. GM still does not support and take responsibility for this issue
-Pulled the codes. The recent ones I've gotten are: C0899, C0561, P0017, P0011

Last time this happened, it cost me over $1500 to replace all of the fuses/wiring.

I am frustrated, yes. No, I don't have the money to fix this yet again. But I am more amazed at how GM leaves this issue with a TSB and a grain of salt, in spite of the overwhelming evidence of this long occurring problem.

I am looking for advice. Mechanical advice. Legal advice. Meditation tips. I'll take anything.

Could it be the theft deterrent system?
Is it a different ignition issue?
Do I need a new key?

"Sally", as the family calls her, is how we get to work, drive the kids to school, church, playdates, visit family, and other things that families have to do and like to do.

I'd like to hear from GM, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Instead, you'll find me somewhere inside, beneath, or on top of Sally. I'll be the one covered in grease, constantly sighing and wondering about all the others who have this same issue.

Tom

In need.. 09-03-2019 12:13 AM

I know how you feel

Just dealt with this whole thing myself a week ago.. It wouldn't turn off after key was removed then had no start no click issue. Wipers, radio, lift gate and a few others stopped working. ..This is what I did.. Removed glove box, and the panel under the dash board under the GBox. Disconnected battery. Removed the 3 bolts holding the fuse box up. Disconnect the 4 connectors that plugged into it. Got some electronic circuit cleaner and spraied in the box and connections in the car. Cleaned all the corrosion with toothbrush, floss pick, pipe cleaner ect and dried totally with a hairdryer..really cleaned the beck outta everything, took all fuses out as well and cleaned them too. Everything came back on. Be sure to also check the outter box under the hood too. Giggle all the block fuses to see if you hear any clicking and giggle harnesses heading to to ecm.. Hope this helps!