Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Outlook (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-outlook-35/)
-   -   2007 Outlook Electrical issues (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-outlook-35/2007-outlook-electrical-issues-11358/)

One Long Drive 06-24-2018 04:36 AM

2007 Outlook Electrical issues

rececty purchased a 2007 Outlook with 95,000 miles on it. Some of the problems with it are all passenger windows are unable use window controls. Only driver crontol panel will work windows properly up and down. Also the lock unlock buttons do not work. Thankfully key fob does.
Yestersay while driving the doors started locking and unlocking, the dash board gages all were going crazy, traction control sensors flashing, and beeping. After 10-15 seconds all stopped. However then vehicle was not driving properly. While giving it the gas it would slowly get moving and took some time to get up to speed.
After getting to restaurant for dinner when leaving it drive perfectly fine, the check engine light was on however. (Haven’t had it checked yet for code)
I am guessing it is do to the sunroof leaking over time. After the first rain I noticed a wet drivers side seat and dampness in a couple different areas of the interior. After multiple apptemts to clean out the drains I finally just sealed the sunroof with gorilla tape. To deal with it another time. I’m just afraid that the damage has been done.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
also the rear view mirror contol for the driver and passenger does not work either

derf 06-26-2018 02:17 PM

Dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree on PCP is a signature of body control module BCM issues. So are some of the issues you described with the switches both Window and Door. How old is your battery and are the terminals clean and well connected?

Please get the check engine light read at AutoZone or similar for free and post the codes here as Pxxxx.

One Long Drive 06-26-2018 04:48 PM

Not sure on age of battery.
Code was actually gone the next morning. Other than the one encondet it’s running great. Just dropped it off at repair shop and it getting looked at tomorrow. Drivers side controls to the windows works fine. Other controls however are not working. Mirrors and door lock controls don’t. Key fob works and locks when put in gear and park.

derf 06-27-2018 12:40 AM

I expect them to come back w some B (Body) codes. These do not light the Service Engine light and require a more capable scanner to view.

Please keep us posted on this.

One Long Drive 06-27-2018 05:41 AM

I’ll hope to know by this afternoon.

Rubehayseed 07-02-2018 08:28 AM

Check the window lock button on the drivers panel. It's often overlooked and some folks don't even know about it. As for the doors locking and unlocking and all that other crap, I agree that the BCM is the first thing to look at. Check the plug on it and make sure it's not full of the dreaded green corrosion. I'll bet it is. CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner and then plugging it in and unplugging it several times usually works wonders on them.

derf 07-02-2018 10:54 AM

Any updates?

Jean Pierre Raymond 02-29-2020 10:48 AM

Now my issue

My son's 07 outlook keeps burning out pass. headlight socket , on my second one, grounding seem to be ok it hard to tell on intermittent issues. Is this a problem on these cars ?