Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L300 (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l300-23/)
-   -   Tire Cuping (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l300-23/tire-cuping-2272/)

EDD1 07-10-2008 05:46 AM

We have a 2004 L300-3 and from day one the tires cup creating a rumble when driving around 15MPH. Apparently Saturn has a problem with the rear camber in these cars. They refuse to post a recall or write a service bullitin. They say because it''''s not a "safety" issue.

My concern is the premature wearing of the tires no matter how often you rotate them, as a matter of fact your better off not too!

I complained to Saturn and they refuse to help us out with this issue. A friend of mine bought his in to his dealer and they replaced the Camber adjustment kit and did a four wheel alignment without charge... But they wanted to charge me 419.00 and I would have to buy new tires at 500.00 for four.The old ones have less then 15,000 miles wear. This is a problem but Saturn refuses to acknowledge it.. Beware L300 owners... After they get your money they really don''''t care about you...

I will be buying a HONDA in the near future because Saturn doesn''''t stand behind their product and refuses to recongnize a problem.

I would rather have a whole Honda then Honda parts built by GM!Edited by: EDD1

EDD1 07-10-2008 07:14 AM

<DIV>Questions I asked my friend about the fix for their car.. and his response:[img]smileys/smiley11.gif[/img]</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Was your car still under warranty?
No, past warranty.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;What is the part number for the camber/shim Kit? (should be on work order)</DIV>
<DIV>I will search the car and see if I can find it.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Was it installed on the rear or front?</DIV>
<DIV>Rear. They basically have to unattached/cut offthe rear suspension and make a new mount because the original mount location wouldn''''''''''''''''t allow a correct alignment to be doneto the rear.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;Did you get the work done at the dealer where you bought it?
Yes, "Saturn of Salisbury", Salisbury, Maryland.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&gt;What was the finalout of pocket cost to you?</DIV>
<DIV>They first tried to charge us, but they fully covered fix other than the cost of new tires that we had put on.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>Hi Ed, ooh yeah, we hadFUN with them also. They also wouldn''''''''''''''''t admit to any know issue. Afterwe took the car to another shop, brought the alignment results back to Saturn, and made threats to Saturn, they admitted an issue with pre-2003 cars. However, ours is an 2003 and sure had the issue! After the "correction" was made, I talked to the actual tech that did it and he said "I have done this fix to70+ of these cars and was well aware of the issue! After all this bickering with them over the last few years, to hear this really pissed me off! I wanted them to also over the new tires we had put on but they wouldn''''''''''''''''t. We should have pressed further but didn''''''''''''''''t. Oh and the fix also included a full 4 wheel alignment after the fix which we also got a copy of.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Iam pretty sure we have the work order and info in the car. I will try to find and let you know more.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Saturn denies they have a problem... but fix it??? and also make a camber corretion kit? And now they discriminate![img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]</DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>Edited by: EDD1

95jive 07-10-2008 07:53 AM

yeah bro new saturns aren''''t saturn. sorry to tell ya theyre all Opel parts
man. After 02 03 they started using sh*tty euro parts. i believe, im sure LOW will be able to correct me.Edited by: 95jive

sw2cam 07-15-2008 08:19 PM

2003-2007 ION''s are not Opels,Vauxhalls,Holdens. 2007 and older VUE''s were not any of the above nor is the Outlook. Not sure what the "im sure LOW will be able to correct me." remark is all about.

One thing all the brands above are cars built on platforms that GM uses all over the world. Last I knew all the cars above are owned by GM.

bruinbw 08-09-2008 11:36 AM

I have a 2003 L300 with 61,000 miles and have experienced the cupping since 12,000. I fought with the regional office and they gave me a new set of tires under warranty after I advised her that the service writer at the dealership admitted to me that Saturn has a design issue and refuses to address it. I just put my third set on the car and the car shook on the way home from the installation. Time for a Honda...

EDD1 08-11-2008 06:20 PM

I think it''s a damn shame that Saturn who really pushes customer service treats people like crap after the warranty has expired.. You know I can see if it was an unknown problem but when they admit they had and have one, but won''t or refuse tostep up to the plate is just wrong! HONDA sales are up and GM is down. Gee I wonder if it will get any beter for them... So far that''s 2 more going to HONDA... I can tow those too!