Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L300 (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l300-23/)
-   -   rear view mirror interchangeability (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l300-23/rear-view-mirror-interchangeability-10178/)

RKelly5327 08-06-2015 11:38 AM

rear view mirror interchangeability

Does anyone know if the interior rear view mirrors are interchangeable? Ours just has the 2 lights on the bottom of the mirror. I see one on eBay that has the compass and temp in it and would rather have that since I don't use the lights on the mirror. I know now days cars are very often wired to fit just about any situation. Then whatever the customer wants can be readily fitted into just about any car on the assembly line.
One thing I don't like about our wagon (2003) is that the sun visors don't come down far enough to block out the sun when it's low in the sky. The VUE is great, but not the wagon!
Thanks for any help!
Ron K.

derf 08-07-2015 12:34 PM

I would ask the seller to show you the electrical connector on the mirror in question and then pull your mirror out of the bracket and see what's what

RKelly5327 08-07-2015 01:43 PM

rear view mirror

That is the only thing I can think of, too. Mine only has 2 wires coming to the mirror, but the way circuitry is today, that may be all that is needed.
Thanks for the reply.

Ron

derf 08-07-2015 10:52 PM

however, one must consider whether the compass and temperature are being processed from other sensors (the temp must be) and then routed through the BCM, processed, and then sent to the displays.

If you only have 2 wires leading to the lights, that's power and ground.
I do not believe that will be enough to run the other mirror, which seems to need a data feed in addition to power and ground.

RKelly5327 08-08-2015 06:07 AM

rear view mirror interchangeability

I was afraid you'd say that because that's what I've been thinking too. Oh well. At least I have a rear view mirror and so far I haven't seen any blue lights in it flashing at me. :)
Thanks, folks.

derf 08-08-2015 01:53 PM

If you wanna hang around, you need to get your post count up to ten. You seem like a cool dude.,,,go for it....new member area is a great place to start....

RKelly5327 08-08-2015 07:09 PM

Golly gee whilikers, Derf! Thanks for the invite! I don't know as I could spend much time here, as much as I'd like to! I'm 79, which is supposed to mean I'm retired. I think that retired is actually re-tired- tired all over again. But I'll think about it for sure. And thanks again.
Ron:D

derf 08-09-2015 12:24 AM

That's 4 posts -- 6 to go by the 10th or 13th - pls check your pm box for the pm from myself and Goalie. We're too busy being politically incorrect to be stuffy. The regulars are a tight knit bunch.

Oh and there's Uncljohn -- he's an old fart too -- wife recovering from some medical issues so he's not around right now but will be back.

RKelly5327 08-09-2015 06:33 AM

I'll have to check around more when I get a chance. I don't know my way around the site yet. Politically incorrect sounds good to me. :)
B Back later.
rk

RKelly5327 08-10-2015 06:35 AM

Derf- where is the PM box? Also, how do I upload pics?
Thanks
rk