l300 problem I think I messed it up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Default l300 problem I think I messed it up!

Hello, I'm new to Saturn and this forum. I bought 2002 Saturn l300 the ac wasn't working so I thought I could jump the pump by putting power to it. My bad. Now the engine has reduced power and the speakers, door locks, and power seats stopped working. Could it be a grounding problem or something with the bcm? The big ? is what did I do to this nice little car?

Old 07-30-2017, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Your car has three fuse panels, one under the hood. One one each side below the dash on the kick panels. I would start by checking all the fuses, pull them out and check with an ohm meter. Let us know what you find.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:59 AM

Do what Andy said. He's our resident L Series guru. If he can't figure it out, then I don't know what to tell you.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:28 PM

I've checked all fuses twice maybe three times all good except the power sunroof. I forgot to mention I have some codes also. P1283, P0405, P0453, P0233, and P0050.

Last edited by Maplehillbilly; 07-31-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

P1283 is the low power. APP sensor 2 circuit high voltage. If an APP sensor 2 signal circuit fault is detected, the ecm will default to one of two limp home modes( limited pedal range with slow acceleration) and sensor 1 will be used.
What exactly did you jump and how did you do it. If you jumped the compressor clutch was it unplugged from the harness? The fuse for the sensor 2 circuit is in the left instrument panel fuse block # D10. The fuse may be good but does it have power with the key on?

Old 07-31-2017, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

The right underdash panel supplies power to the locks, seats, mirrors, fog lamps, amp for the stereo, heated seats and the sunroof.
The underhood panel labeled RT IP Batt it is a small 30 amp fuse. This is the power feed to the right underdash panel. Did you check both sides of the fuses for power?
There are also some fusable links for some circuits, they would provide protection before the fuse panels. So verify power to your fuse panels.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:47 PM

rt ip batt was blown. no power to ING3 fuse in left kick panel. sunroof fuse keeps blowing too. fuel gauge still not working. radio and door locks started working.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

The ign3 fuse gets it's power when the ign3 relay closes. The fuel gage is strictly a body control module function. Troubleshoot the sunroof last. Do you know how to test the air conditioning diode? Diodes only pass electricity in one direction. There is a picture of a diode on your dvom, it will match the picture on the diode. If the diode is bad the a/c fuse will blow when you turn the a/c on. THis may have cascaded through your system when you jumped the compressor.
I need more help from you.
I need to know exactly what underhood fuses have power on both sides with the key off.
Next I need to know what underhood fuses have power to both sides with the key in the run position/ engine off.
I will check back in the morning.
Andy

Old 08-01-2017, 05:04 PM

Ok. sorry I'm out of town for a few days so I cant check until I get home. But I will check every fuse and right it down asap. I jumped power from the battery to the pump. I now realize that its only a 5 volt system. I'm also not sure what the #D10 is in the left fuse panel. Thank for all your help so far!

Old 08-11-2017, 11:17 AM

Key off. bcm cluster, hazard, rear def, cd/dlc, aux power, park lamp, lighter, radio, IP batt, bcm 2, brake, rt headlamp, controls B+, horn, lt headlamp, fuel pump, and AC.

Key on. All the above and Ing 1, bcm/ecm/cruise, engine control 3, coolant flow, controls ing 1, and backup/ turn.

Power is good on both sides of fuse for everything I checked in under hood fuse box. I hope this helps. thanks.

Quick Reply: l300 problem I think I messed it up!