Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/)
-   -   Water on passanger side floor board. (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/water-passanger-side-floor-board-11681/)

Nobel Hansen 05-29-2019 02:00 PM

Water on passanger side floor board.

I just recently got a 2001 L200. We discovered we get water on the right floor board when it rains. The seals are good on the door. It looks like it runs down the door seal to were the hinges are and gets in. Is there a drain somewhere over there that is plugged?

02 LW300 05-29-2019 09:42 PM

Do you have a sunroof?

Nobel Hansen 05-30-2019 03:15 AM

No sunroof

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 (Post 62168)
Do you have a sunroof?

Nope no sunroof

02 LW300 05-30-2019 10:11 AM

There are drains on the bottoms of the rocker panels. My car got wet from water in the right side A pillar filling up and leaking inside. I found it by removing the plastic trim and hosing the car. The drains were partially plugged and cleaning them did not solve the problem. Down low on the pillar there was a factory sticker covering a factory hole used in manufacturing. Only it had slid down uncovering the hole, I made a new “ sticker “ with gorilla tape and solved the problem.
Andy

Nobel Hansen 05-30-2019 11:06 AM

C

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 (Post 62174)
There are drains on the bottoms of the rocker panels. My car got wet from water in the right side A pillar filling up and leaking inside. I found it by removing the plastic trim and hosing the car. The drains were partially plugged and cleaning them did not solve the problem. Down low on the pillar there was a factory sticker covering a factory hole used in manufacturing. Only it had slid down uncovering the hole, I made a new “ sticker “ with gorilla tape and solved the problem.
Andy

ldldulu

Could you please take a pic for I could get a idea where to look

02 LW300 05-30-2019 11:39 PM

It is behind the plastic trim piece that has the fuse panel access door. I am not going to take my car apart for a picture, sorry. Your car get wet sitting in the rain not driving in the rain, is that correct? If your car gets wet driving in the rain it may be sealant failure in the wheel well area. When my car leaked it got wet in front first then the water ran to the rear carpet. There is no drain for the carpet area.

Nobel Hansen 05-31-2019 12:26 PM

When its parked

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 (Post 62177)
It is behind the plastic trim piece that has the fuse panel access door. I am not going to take my car apart for a picture, sorry. Your car get wet sitting in the rain not driving in the rain, is that correct? If your car gets wet driving in the rain it may be sealant failure in the wheel well area. When my car leaked it got wet in front first then the water ran to the rear carpet. There is no drain for the carpet area.

Yeah it only gets wet when its parked and it has rained. No wasnt wanting you to take yours apart, just wasnt sure where to look for what plastic.

02 LW300 05-31-2019 08:02 PM

I have a parts car partway disassembled, I will take some pictures on Sunday

Nobel Hansen 06-01-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 (Post 62181)
I have a parts car partway disassembled, I will take some pictures on Sunday

Thank you.

Richard Davis 07-25-2019 08:07 PM

plugs

Of course there are plugs, both in the rockers and in the floor but of course it only matters if you are going to pull out the carpets for drying etc, (as maybe you should do) or just get rid of the water. In that case I recommend a cup. Or a wet vacuum. In the climate where I live in, mold would never be a problem, especially in the summer. Very dry. But if your rig is supposed to be date-worthy, even by rednecky standards, it might need the full carpet treatment. (They will refuse to get in it.)
As to the seals what else can you do but replace them? See if you can get some good seals out at a junkyard or else buy new ones.