Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn L Series Sedans & Wagons (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/)
-   -   New thread: my new L200, stick (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-l-series-sedans-wagons-26/new-thread-my-new-l200-stick-10655/)

Rubehayseed 06-24-2017 06:36 AM

No sugar tonight in my coffee, derf? I loved The Guess Who.

derf 06-25-2017 01:24 AM

But of course, Jocko....

02 LW300 07-02-2017 11:09 AM

The more I drive it the better I Like it. 30mpg last tank, have not really tried to do better. I will fix the a/c in the Lincoln next, then maybe I can get time to put the tranny together.

derf 07-03-2017 01:04 AM

How do you differentiate a failing but functioning a/c compressor from a (system holds a charge but the hi and low readings are not sufficient to cool the air enough)?

I have an idea but don't know that it's right

02 LW300 07-03-2017 10:37 AM

My Lincoln dropped to not cooling after one week. I purchased a set of gages at Harbor Freight, $59.00 with a coupon. I also purchased 30 LBs of R134 at my local Napa for $130.00. I have my ASE hvac certificate so I can purchase bulk freon. I also bought a can with leak detection dye in it. I added the dye and brought the system up to 30 on the low side and 200 on the high side. Cold air in both the front and rear systems again. Now I will check for the dye to show up, the high side schrader valve may be the culprit but there is probably more.
If my system was noisy or failed to cool I would evacuate the freon and look inside. The expansion oriface will catch debris and plug up, it is in the small pipe at a connection. What you find in the screen determines how far you need to go with new parts. If you find a dry system and shavings in the screen it will be expensive.

02 LW300 07-05-2017 12:25 AM

Worked on the car yesterday, my grandson and I installed the nice leather seats out of the parts car. Today was a harvest day, I removed the complete abs unit. I kept the new front brakes and the rear discs. I put stuff I saved from the white roll over and the blue parts cars. I kept the four electric doors and put the manual blue doors back on the car. I kept the trunk lid with the spoiler and the taillights. I put a blue trunk lid back on the car. I kept the big block exhaust as a spare. I kept both fans but left the radiator, the radiator for the v6 has an extra bleeder hose that runs to the pressure tank. I will keep the steering column and put a column in from the blue car. Still more interior parts to grab, the mirror has the map lights and the passenger visor has a lighted mirror. I will probably keep all the sun roof parts as spares also. The fireworks are pretty tonight, night all.https://www.flickr.com/gp/152389301@N02/T15059

02 LW300 07-09-2017 08:02 PM

Hopefully fixed the a/c in the Lincoln today. Installed the Roadmaster towbar brackets on the L200 and replaced the swaybar links today. I will wire the tow lights next weekend.

Rubehayseed 07-10-2017 08:25 AM

You're one busy dude, Andy. I think I'll do the same thing I did yesterday. Nothing. I didn't get finished doing nothing yesterday.

02 LW300 07-13-2017 09:50 PM

Check engine light came on yesterday, fuel gage @75%. Dead giveaway only hooked up the scanner to verify and turn off the light.
Evap monitor only runs between 25 and 75% in the fuel tank. As I suspected I found the fuel cap loose. I think Oregon and New Jersey are the only states that don't have self serve gas stations. We have them now between certain hours in our Eastern not heavily populated counties. I need to replace the hose manifold on the Lincoln a/c.

derf 07-14-2017 12:31 AM

I lived in NJ for 17 years. It took me many years to get used to it.
Now, when I go back to visit friends, I get the stink eye from the attendant while we wrestle over the pump while I'm asking him what the fock his problem is.

Rubehayseed 07-14-2017 07:17 AM

Hose him down and pull out a lighter,derf. I bet he won't fock with you then!

02 LW300 07-17-2017 11:12 AM

Finished the tow wiring yesterday. The fsm is so nice to use. I picked up the wiring at the drivers side fuse panel. Saturn runs individual wires to each bulb from the fuse panels. The tail light wires are .5 mm and the license plate light wires are .35 mm each. I grouped both tail lights and both license plate lights together and ran them through a large diode. Roadmaster towbar company markets nice diodes that I use for many projects at home and work. Since Saturn runs seperate wires it is easy to split the brake lights at the fuse panel and use them as tow brake and turn lights. Will tow the car when I deliver the motorhome for church camp for my daughter and her kids this coming Thursday.
I replaced the air conditioning hose manifold on the Navigator and evacuated and charged. Nice cold a/c now= happy wife. $175 for the from Ford for the OEM hose.
Still working on fence and we bought a commercial 20x50 foot greenhouse kit yesterday. Like I don't have enough projects. LOL

Rubehayseed 07-17-2017 01:28 PM

Ohhhhhh, a 20x50 greenhouse! Cannabis Express coming to Oregon via your place?

02 LW300 05-28-2018 11:13 PM

Replaced my ac compressor today, the air works again! Used a v6 compressor from a parts car the only difference was the 6 groove pulley. The belt works fine on the inside 5 grooves.
I also replaced my 215,000 mile rear struts with some 100,000 mile units from the same parts car. I cut one coil and half the snubber on each unit without diassembly. Lowered the car nicely, it looks pretty level now. Pictures in the daylight as it is dark here now. The front parts car was a v6 so I will probably use the 4 cylinder springs on the low mile struts. Cut the snubbers some and get it aligned. Finally so more progress.

02 LW300 09-18-2018 10:27 PM

Some new parts and an alignment today! I installed 4 new KYB struts last weekend, I also installed Moog problem solver sway bar links. I ordered Delco adjustable lower rear control arms, when I opened the boxes they had aftermarket arms in them. It appears that there is only one manufacturer and even GM sells them. The rear toe has lots of adjustment but the camber is controlled by ride height. When I cut the coil off the rear springs the camber went 2 degrees negative. The adjustable lower arms have lots of adjustment and the car aligned perfectly. I did have to explain how to set the toe at the alignment shop. Their big $ computer alignment machine was not aware of the toe adjustment. When they aligned the wagon they had me install gray smart shims behind the rear spindles. I now know we could have just set the toe and the car would have driven fine. Live and learn!

02 LW300 09-29-2018 09:57 PM

Tomorrow I will drop the exhaust and the tank. I have a new fuel pump assembly and that will take care of the fuel smell. I replaced the fuel fill pipes as they were pretty rusty but the smell did not change. I will also install the full snubbers in the front struts, they bottom hard now with only half the snubber. I drove the car to Portland this week and I am pleased with the alignment. It is a couple hundred miles round trip to Portland.