Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Ion (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/)
-   -   One loud click no start (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/one-loud-click-no-start-11999/)

lrbraner 03-16-2020 03:35 PM

Yes its possible for a new starter to be defective.
At the risk of being to critical; I would like to
point out tha the solenoid does not spin the starter.
Besides engaging the starter gear to the flywheel,
it completes the 12V circuit from the battery to the starter windings,
this causes the starter armature to spin.

02 LW300 03-16-2020 08:37 PM

Thanks I know how they work.

lrbraner 03-16-2020 10:37 PM

Hmmm. OK

derf 03-16-2020 11:53 PM

See, now you pissed off the one person on this site who could have helped you the most. Wasn't enough to have picked at his words. Had to follow it up. Your choice, your loss.

In conclusion, you might just want to think about what happens when you hear lots of grinding and you don't have full oil pressure and you let the level get low.

See if you can find it in Andy's post. His last. Just like this is my last.

You should know better than to bite the hand that feeds you.

braddf 03-17-2020 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 64368)
See, now you pissed off the one person on this site who could have helped you the most. Wasn't enough to have picked at his words. Had to follow it up. Your choice, your loss.

In conclusion, you might just want to think about what happens when you hear lots of grinding and you don't have full oil pressure and you let the level get low.

See if you can find it in Andy's post. His last. Just like this is my last.

You should know better than to bite the hand that feeds you.

just to clear things up I’m actually the one who made this thread i hope you didn’t think I was disrespecting anyone. I appreciate everyone’s response with trying to help me also I’m not sure the motor itself is messed up because it was running just fine up until I couldn’t start it anymore. No knocking or different smells coming from the motor but I’m no mechanic

lrbraner 03-17-2020 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by braddf (Post 64373)
just to clear things up I’m actually the one who made this thread i hope you didn’t think I was disrespecting anyone. I appreciate everyone’s response with trying to help me also I’m not sure the motor itself is messed up because it was running just fine up until I couldn’t start it anymore. No knocking or different smells coming from the motor but I’m no mechanic

I believe Derf's post was directed at me,not you.
If in fact "pissed off' 02LW300, then I sincerely apologize, as that was not my intent.
I only wanted to clarify the basic starter operation for other people who dont know how they work.

DropDead 03-18-2020 01:16 AM

So grinding and dragging?

Hows the timing chain look 😂😂