Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Ion (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/)
-   -   Great Saturn review... (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/great-saturn-review-10472/)

19bonestock88 02-17-2016 03:32 PM

Great Saturn review...

I'm just gonna leave this here..,

The article covers many of the reasons I love my redline...

The 2007 Saturn Ion Redline Is One of the World's Best Forgotten Sleepers

derf 02-17-2016 03:59 PM

Sorry,

That article discriminates against Mopars, Fords etc; Rube already flagged it as offensive; Ill have to mull over removing it....

19bonestock88 02-17-2016 11:09 PM

My main point in showing it was that as I read it for the first time, it reminded me why I haven't made myself sell my redline, and why I enjoyed driving it so much... The one line, "once the tires stop smoking and the driver stops showing off, it becomes just a Saturn again", was pulled directly from the speeches I gave my friends about the car...

goaliemo 02-18-2016 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by 19bonestock88 (Post 53429)
My main point in showing it was that as I read it for the first time, it reminded me why I haven't made myself sell my redline, and why I enjoyed driving it so much... The one line, "once the tires stop smoking and the driver stops showing off, it becomes just a Saturn again", was pulled directly from the speeches I gave my friends about the car...

" it's just a Saturn"

Rubehayseed 02-18-2016 07:52 AM

Damn. Now if I see one on a car lot somewhere, I'm going to have to test drive it. See how it compares to my PT Turbo! LOL I'm sure it's faster than the PT simply because it is so much lighter!

Dave4422 02-18-2016 11:15 AM

I can just see the argument between an SRT-4 driver, an SVT Focus driver, a MazdaSpeed 3 driver, a Civic SI driver, an STI driver, a GTI driver, an Evo driver, a Cobalt SS driver, and an Ion Redline driver. My modified compact is better than your modified compact because _______ !

Wow, there were a lot of performance compacts back in the 00's. Can't really go wrong with any of them. Except for Corolla. No performance from Toyota in the 00's .... except for unintended acceleration! (Burn!)

19bonestock88 02-18-2016 05:12 PM

Actually Toyota made the Corolla XRS in the mid 2000s, it was equipped with the sweet running 2ZZ-FE, a 1.8 liter engine that revved to around 8000RPM and made around 170bhp...

Nissan made the Sentra(and Altima) SE-R... The Sentra was powered by a QR25DE engine good for 185hp, and the Altima had the VQ35DE V6, making 270hp...

Yup, there were a plethora of options in that decade... I've driven a couple different ones, and I still like my Redline better... They all have different endearing characteristics that make them great...

IMAKING 02-28-2016 06:41 AM

It's a Saturn....a fantastic car concept. Totally different on how it was sold too. The car sold itself. :cool: