charging problem on a 2004 ion

Old 04-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Default charging problem on a 2004 ion

I am having problems keeping my car charged and I dont understand what is draining it but I have been keeping it on a battery charger at night just so I can drive it in town during the day then back on the charger at night.To start off let me tell you what started the whole thing: my starter went out so I replaced that and I also replaced the battery because mine was very old but the battery light has been staying on and draining the battery. So I buy a altenator and driveline belt thinking that the altenator was the problem but I had it checked and it is fine. So what can be draining my battery, we have been checking some fuse link and still have not found the problem. I have been going through this since Jan 10 I have just about pulled all my hair out and I dont think females look very good with no hair, can anyone help me please I need my car.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

On my L200 that has the same engine as your Ion the alternator main wire connects to the car at the starter. If your problems started when you had the starter replaced start looking there. Whoever installed the starter might have missed connecting all the power wires. It is easy to miss a wire when replacing a starter in our cars.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:18 PM

Thank you Andy we will check it and if you can think of anything else please let me know, cause we are running out of ideas