Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Ion (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/)
-   -   2007 ion question (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-ion-22/2007-ion-question-9761/)

tazassape 11-16-2014 02:57 PM

2007 ion question. Update found info.

1 Attachment(s)
Found the info we needed. New guy here and probably won't be on too much. I have a question about an ion engine. Is the engine in the picture a 2.2 or 2.4. I was told it came out of a 2007 ion and would bolt up in our 2004 cavalier dirt track car. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

goaliemo 11-17-2014 12:42 AM

Not to be rude, but if youre not going to be around, why am I going to help?
Yes, I can tell you which one that is.
Looks like the same picture of one I almost bought in my area, actually.

tazassape 11-17-2014 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by goaliemo (Post 45629)
Not to be rude, but if youre not going to be around, why am I going to help?
Yes, I can tell you which one that is.
Looks like the same picture of one I almost bought in my area, actually.

I thought being up front was the right thing to do. Guess not. I didn't realize I had to pay dues for answers here. I had to make a quick decision and was looking for help. It is now evident that I was in the wrong place. And yes the engine is probably in your area as it is also in La.

Rubehayseed 11-17-2014 03:15 PM

Looks like the 2.2 to me.

goaliemo 11-17-2014 05:56 PM

It is a 2.2.
The guy wants to much money for it. I was going to buy it for a side project, but I wasn't going to spend the 450 on it that he HAD to have.
Good luck.

derf 11-17-2014 06:23 PM

You need not pay dues -- but I found it ironic that you updated your post indicating the information was found but never shared the answer. But others on the site confirmed it.

We're a group of active posters so we strive to retain active members and those who do not actively post -- at least in the beginning ---are banned for inactivity.

No reason you can't hang around and start a thread on your dirt car build.....

tazassape 11-17-2014 06:42 PM

Thanks Rubenhayseed for the input. Derf you are absolutely right. I should have posted my findings. A Saturn is not out of the question for a dirt track car, I hear they make some good power.

derf 11-17-2014 07:24 PM

so hang around and start a thread about your build---pics n all.
Have not heard of this particular transplant so I for one would like to know what is needed, what you do, and how you build a dirt track car.....you can't be running stock class since you're transplanting so I'd like to know what goes into it all

goaliemo 11-17-2014 07:39 PM

Like I said, I wasn't trying to be rude.
And like derf said, we are a forum of active members.
We, like any other forum, have to many people come through just wanting an answer and never come back.
So, I do apologize if I came off the wrong way.
Derf is right though, start a thread about the transplant. I would like to see this.

Rubehayseed 11-17-2014 10:24 PM

I got a buddy that is into dirt track racing. I'll ask him if he's seen any Saturns. Now I'm curious.