Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn Aura (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-aura-34/)
-   -   Coolant Leak (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-aura-34/coolant-leak-7920/)

vegas01 06-07-2013 07:27 PM

Coolant Leak

Hey, I just signed up here. Any Aura owners have problems with water pumps and if so at how many miles. I have a very slow leak (behind the RF tire) and I have to add a little over 1/2 a quart of anti-freeze every 200 miles

RjION 06-07-2013 09:27 PM

Not many AURA owners on here.........though it might have been a good idea to start a new thread and not attach it to an old one that has nothing to do with your question.

OceanArcher 06-07-2013 10:03 PM

My wife's got an '09 Aura XE (4 cyl). Less than 100,000 on the clock, and no coolant leaks, noises or problems.

sw2cam 06-08-2013 07:32 AM

Post now in it's own thread. Aura or any other car I think it's time the leak is found and fixed. Unless you rather find yourself standing on the side of the road wondering what to do next.

RjION 06-08-2013 01:44 PM

Yep I'll guess any car on the road has had a water pump go bad.........time to fix it is now.

tysonsdad 09-02-2013 11:16 AM

Are you sure its the water pump, my 07 Aura had a coolant leak by the RF tire and after pressure testing the cooling system i found it was the radiator, if its your water pump its four bolts and easy to get to from the bottom of car, it could also be a crossover tube gasket which is right above your water pump, it could also be a thermostat housing gasket which is close to the water pump. diagnose the problem dont just throw parts at it. if its the 3.5 its fairly easy to access the front of the engine after you pull the front tire and the lower plastic inner fender well. good luck and if you need any more info let me know.
Tysonsdad

dhanson94 06-10-2015 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tysonsdad (Post 39239)
Are you sure its the water pump, my 07 Aura had a coolant leak by the RF tire and after pressure testing the cooling system i found it was the radiator, if its your water pump its four bolts and easy to get to from the bottom of car, it could also be a crossover tube gasket which is right above your water pump, it could also be a thermostat housing gasket which is close to the water pump. diagnose the problem dont just throw parts at it. if its the 3.5 its fairly easy to access the front of the engine after you pull the front tire and the lower plastic inner fender well. good luck and if you need any more info let me know.
Tysonsdad

Actually 2 crossover tube gaskets. The rear one on mine just blew out last week. Kind of a pain to replace, but a video on youtube that gets you there. When leaking out the rear crossover tube gasket, the coolant ends up dripping off the frame near the lower control arm. Pic of the blown gasket attached.