Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

02 sc2 instrument panel lighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:03 AM
Default 02 sc2 instrument panel lighting

ok ,i went in to see why my overhead lighting in the instrument panel wasnt working .2 bulbs are blown .now today the wife says half the panel lights went out (great) i break more stuff than fix it anymore .
anyway .looking at dashes online it appears the bulbs are all the same (the ones i can see) so i need a few of these

if you can help with working ones let me know .or if you know a source please post a link .

i have not had my cluster out yet but heres what they look like on ebay

i also read online that there may be lights inside that you need to solder in to replace ,this true??
or are these all the lamps?

thanks .....please help,mad wife.....

Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM
Banned

Any of your local after-market parts houses will carry those bulbs -- some may even have an LED version (probably pricey). I don't think the LED types will work very well with the dimmer circuit in your car. Frankly, I haven't tried ...

Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM

problem is the bulbs in these are very hard to remove and you need to solder new ones in ,the guy at pep boys broke one of the little metal tabs that make contact so now i need the holder as well .

Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM

napa had a bulb and socket very similar for 1.69 each so i grabbed 2 .will try them tonight .

Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Banned

Ooooohhhh -- I understand your concern. Actually, my local ZutoZone has the bulbs complete with the plastic clip already attached ...

Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM

happy to report that these worked fine .i now have overhead lighting ,at least we can see the gauges now .
just going in and touching these bulbs burned out half the other bulbs that were working .maybe it was the hit on the dash pad to reseat it that broke the bulb filaments .thats what i am thinking .
i hope this isnt the one that you gotta totally open up and solder replacements into .wont know until i get time to totally tear into it .

Old 02-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

yeah shock will wreck those buggers.

You might consider replacing all of them while you're in there, 'cause you don't want to be in there again

Old 02-25-2013, 09:51 PM

I replaced all my backlighting with LEDs - some of the bulbs have the plastic attached to them.
It looks like that board only has the top lighting that is replacable (if it lights from the back, you may have to open it and see)

Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM

found this online .it would appear replacing all the number 1`s should get me my back lighting back .

Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 AM

Post the part number and where you bought them

Quick Reply: 02 sc2 instrument panel lighting