Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn 3 Door Coupes (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-3-door-coupes-28/)
-   -   Eibach Springs for 2002 Sc2 (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-3-door-coupes-28/eibach-springs-2002-sc2-5307/)

2002SaturnSC2 12-20-2010 06:36 PM

Eibach Springs for 2002 Sc2

Hello everyone name is chris. I am posting this and wanted to know if the eibach springs for a 2002 sc2 are good and if they have any flaws and the ride condtion is well. If u could plz let me know cuz i want to low my car this coming spring and wanted to know about the springs. Thank you and u all have a great christmas and new year,

OceanArcher 12-20-2010 09:37 PM

Anytime you change out the springs to make the ride 'lower', you run the risk of "high centering" your car at a grade crossing. Personally, all cars with a lower ride setting feel like I'm sliding downhill on a corncob ..... my opinion

sw2cam 12-21-2010 09:03 AM

Eibach's are the best choice for a Saturn S-car for overall ride and performance.

2002SaturnSC2 12-21-2010 12:59 PM

thank u very much

uncljohn 12-22-2010 02:54 AM

I have had some experiance lowering coil spring cars by cutting coils out. A half a coil drops about 1 1/2 inch and naturally stiffens the suspension up so that the ride does not change that much and the car does not bottom out on the bump stops.
But
never tried it on a Saturn or anything with a Strut front suspension.
But before I bought new springs, I would! Just because I can.

RjION 12-26-2010 11:36 AM

Don't cut S-Cars springs unless you realy do not care about ride and handling

uncljohn 12-26-2010 09:41 PM

====================
been hearing that for years, still haven't found it to be true.

HEAD HUNTER ATL 12-27-2010 10:26 PM

Only poor people and rednecks cut springs. Do it right the first time. Go buy some springs and be happy. This way you only have to take it apart once.

uncljohn 12-28-2010 06:56 AM

Only poor people and rednecks cut springs. Do it right the first time. Go buy some springs and be happy. This way you only have to take it apart once.
===========================
While this is an opinion, and every one is welcome to theirs, it is also a refreshing lack of knowledge.
As said before, cutting coils both lowers and stiffens the spring. Both of which are required to keep something from riding on the bump stops. As in all modificatiions a little knowledge assists in doing something with in reason, if that is the ojective. If the objectivie is not reason, knowledge is not important. Basice rule of thumb, 1 turn = 3 inches. Will very as a function of spring design as does effectivity.
Never had to do it twice, nor spend money needlessly. Some spring designs can not be cut effectively.

sw2cam 12-28-2010 09:22 AM

I'll say it again, just in case someone thinks we are talking about something other then an S-Saturn

Originally Posted by RjION (Post 23298)