Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Saturn 3 Door Coupes (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-3-door-coupes-28/)
-   -   Cranks, but no start (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/saturn-3-door-coupes-28/cranks-but-no-start-12695/)

Hupp36 11-30-2022 10:33 AM

Cranks, but no start

Cranks but no start. I know that this is an old thread, 1 got closed and the other they never finished. I have the same problem but never found out if they got the car running and what fixed it. Does any member know wat happened and can post the results. Thank you

derf 12-01-2022 05:30 AM

I don't see any other posts.

Please explain with detail your particular situation. We will then try to help you.

Hupp36 12-01-2022 07:38 AM

Fuel pump was bad, replaced it, car would turn over, no start. that's what happens now.

Hupp36 12-01-2022 07:41 AM

Fuel pump was bad, replaced it, car would turn over, no start that's what happens now.

lrbraner 12-01-2022 09:41 AM

Do you have fuel pressure ?

Hupp36 12-01-2022 10:25 AM

No fuel pressure , no spark, its exackly what the other guy had that they closed the thread on.

lrbraner 12-01-2022 11:27 AM

Crank position sensor ?

Hupp36 12-01-2022 01:09 PM

Changed it, put new 1 on. still , crank, no start.

Hupp36 12-01-2022 03:05 PM

In the other thread, Dougonbay was the one that told Derf all about his car. Derf told him to preform a lot of tests. I did the same tests that he did. My results were the same as his. Then the thread was closed.. They got all the way to the PCM and the BCM as the last thing that could or may be bad. I was thinking of replacing both of those controls ,but they are very expensive. By the thread being closed, I did not find out if he got his car to start. I sent Dougonbay a private message but he did not respond back. So I guess I will try to figure it out my self. Thank you all for trying to help me.

derf 12-01-2022 09:41 PM

The thread was likely closed because the dude never came back and told us. And other people then post their issues into somebody else's 8-year-old thread. Then we can't tell whose story is whose so we just closed the threads when people start posting to them like that which I believe is what happened.
So any closed threads you see still have all the information that was given by the poster. If you can give me the title of the post I will go look at it and refresh my memory.

I thought the resolution to that was that the pump was never really bad and the issue was the fuel filter has a line that back to the tank and something internally in the filter that drops the pressure that heads to the front of the vehicle was somehow messed up and was diverting most of the fuel straight back to the tank so there was no pressure up front.

Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key but don't start and don't crank? It is a low pitched hum for about 3 seconds.