Saturn 3 Door Coupes SC1 and SC2

Buyer Beware -- Aftermarket Replacement Left Side Mirrors for 1st Generation SCs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator
Exclamation Buyer Beware -- Aftermarket Replacement Left Side Mirrors for 1st Generation SCs

All.

Please be advised that Dorman, Pilot, and Belkamp are currently selling the above mentioned mirrors which are defective in that the keyed slot in the fitting where the three cables attach is in the wrong location. When misassembled this way, the end result is that moving the adjuster to the left makes the mirror go uppish, etc. Directionality of lever adjustment does not correspond to the direction in which the mirror actually moves.

Also found out throughout my odyssey that
Dorman
Pilot
Belkamp

are all owned by the same parent company. So these brands of mirrors (or at least whatever is sitting in warehouses right now) do not function properly.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:27 PM

Well that sucks. I wonder how long those parts have been sitting in their inventories? I also wonder if some sort of creative modification would help with the articulation of those cables? Then again, a part shouldn't need to be modified to ensure the part performs as it should to begin with. But some people may not have a choice in the source of the part.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

haven't looked at disassembly/reassembly of the mirror lever mechanism nor possible modification at mirror end.

I bought a Kool Vue but am yet to install. More updates as this intriguing story continues to grip the nation.