Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Private 'Wanted' Classifieds (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/)
-   -   Headlight and Tail light Tints (Smoked) (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/headlight-tail-light-tints-smoked-2700/)

Anvah 12-08-2008 02:22 AM

I''m trying to find on-line, or anywhere that I can get tints for my headlights and tail lights. Also, I am looking for the clear side marker lights as well for my 2000 SC1. Anyone know of anywhere I could find this stuff??? Thanks.[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Low Saturn 12-08-2008 09:17 AM

You''ll have to tint them yourself. VHT makes a product called nightshades I think. Its a spray on tint.

As for the clear corners, check ebay.

chriSL2 12-12-2008 08:32 PM

i did the vht nightshade spray; and as long as you prep it good and clearcoat, it comes out great. if you have the money your better off going to a paint shop and tell them to spray your headlights and taillights with a drop of black in the clearcoat, its not as dark depending on the amount of coats but looks sweet.
</span>

Anvah 12-12-2008 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info... I think I may do the painting myself. I used to paint muscle cars back in the day. What exactly do they use, do you know? Maybe I should just let someone else do it. I wonder if GTS has headlight covers with the three holes for the lights to shine out?

Anyone know?

sw2cam 12-12-2008 09:39 PM

NO
NO
NO

and if you are the great muscle car painter you should have no problems preping & painting a set of taillights

Anvah 12-13-2008 01:02 AM

I didn''t say anything about great...lol [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img] I just did some spraying in my uncle''s shop back home, and on cars that we restored for ourselves. Anyway, I think I can pull it off. I just need to know what I should be spraying over that plastic.

chriSL2 12-13-2008 10:27 AM

Just use 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand the plastics softly. then dry and whip clean, shake the vht can really good. spay nice even coats and let dry between each coat. then what i did was after completely dry i wet sanded it once more. and sprayed some coats of clearcoat on... it gives it that nice fresh gloss look.
</span>
Edited by: chriSL2

sw2cam 12-13-2008 11:26 AM

"I just need to know what I should be spraying over that plastic. "

Ummm I think VHT nighshades has been mentioned a few times.Edited by: sw2cam

Anvah 12-13-2008 12:01 PM

Wow, I hope you are just rying to be funny, not smart... Anyway, I know VHT was mentioned. I didn''t know if I needed to spray something on the plastic to prep it for the VHT. Gees... Anyway, thanks to both of you. I will see if any of my local shops carry it. If not, I will try to find it on-line.

chriSL2 12-13-2008 12:52 PM

haha. you can spray the vht nightshade right on the plastic. its fine.