Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Private 'Wanted' Classifieds (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/)
-   -   '93 '94 '95 SW tail light assy (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/93-94-95-sw-tail-light-assy-8239/)

OceanArcher 08-07-2013 12:30 PM

'93 '94 '95 SW tail light assy

OK everyone -- here's a chance/reason to dig through your parts stash ...

I'm looking for the complete left hand tail light assembly (p/n 21095295) to fit a '93 '94 or '95 Saturn SW series station wagon. If you have one available, kindly place a note here or private message me directly with the price.

Reason I need it? Some youngster in a Honda SUV tried to drive up under the rear of my station wagon while I was in a Murphy's gas station, fueling up. Fortunately, he missed me, (guess I'm kinda nimble after all).

Thanks for the search .....

OceanArcher

Rubehayseed 08-07-2013 07:13 PM

Mike, does it have to be an SW? Would any other S series light fit? I have to go to Nashville tomorrow and would be happy to run by Pull-A-Part for you and check. The show they have 11 1995 S series cars in the yard and 3 1994's. When I punch up SW, the don't show any, but I've seen a few SW's there in the past. I want to go by and check on a front clip for my Grand Caravan anyway. Won't take but about ten minutes for me to do so. What tools will I need to get the tail light if it's there? I'm not taking my tool box as my wife and daughter will be with me (wife has doc's appointment). I can get what you need and if I find the front clip I want, I'll go back Saturday and get it. That way I can take my time. I also need a rear vent window motor for my van, but only need Phillips head screwdriver and a 10mm socket to get that. Let me know by 8:00 am tomorrow morning if you can. I'll be leaving around 8:30.

OceanArcher 08-08-2013 08:55 AM

Rube --

Thanks for the look-around up your way, but to answer your question, yes, it has to come from an SW body. The sedan lens is not the same, and will not fit ...

If you happen to trip over one, I will be forever grateful...

OceanArcher (Mike)

Rubehayseed 08-08-2013 02:57 PM

Well, as luck would have it, the wifes doctor was running late as usual. By the time we got out of the office, guess what? That's right, pouring down rain with a flood watch for Nashville. I didn't get a chance to go by Pull-A-Part, but THINK I may give it a try Saturday morning. So, if you're still without one by then, Mike, I'll still give a look and see what I can find. I don't really need the front clip for my GC, just the lower valance from where the previous owners wife apparently loved to bang it into curbs and parking space dividers. I've had it jury rigged for a few years, but that's starting to come loose and I just think I'll replace it with another one. I just want the same color. Gold is common on these vans, but not so much in the junk yard! Is that a double or single assembly tail light, Mike? That will affect the price by about 12 bucks or so.

OceanArcher 08-08-2013 05:43 PM

Actually, it's a triple assembly. Top main portion (red) has the combo tail light/stop light. Lower left side (when viewed from the rear of the car) is an amber lens that handles the turn signal duty. Lower right side (smallest of the three) is clear, and houses the backup light. Each of the three socket assemblies for the lights are 1/4 turn locking, and are not part of the lens assembly

Rubehayseed 08-08-2013 06:09 PM

But you just need the lens assembly, right, or just part of it? I need specifics, man! LOL

OceanArcher 08-08-2013 09:12 PM

Its kinda a "bubble" assembly. Lenses on one side, and the reflector on the other. Lamp sockets plug into the holes in the reflector. It's all one piece. Look at eBay, they got a right side unit for sale, and the picture says it all. Left side assembly is a mirror image

Rubehayseed 08-08-2013 09:47 PM

I'll check that out. How does it come out, if I find one? I don't see any obvious holes for bolts or nuts. Does it just clip in some how. I don't want to break it if I find one.

OceanArcher 08-08-2013 10:06 PM

Open the hatch on the station wagon to expose the tail light mounting hardware. Some have phillips screws, some have small hex-head fasteners. May have to release the interior panel to get to the last screw

derf 08-08-2013 10:07 PM

Hate to threadjack OA, but Rube

if you're going to a pick a part, with old 1st gen S cars, can you please pull me the headlight wiring harnesses for a 96 or earlier SC2 (the ones with the pop up headlights). You'll need to remove the headlights to get to the connectors and the wiring. Try to get as much length on the wiring as possible.

I can't remember if you need a torx driver to remove the headlight cover -- I'll check tomorrow and post an update.