Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Private 'Wanted' Classifieds (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/)
-   -   1998 MT SOHC PCM Needed (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-wanted-classifieds-31/1998-mt-sohc-pcm-needed-3650/)

Kickstand80 08-16-2009 11:53 AM

1998 MT SOHC PCM Needed

I did a auto/manual trans swap in my SL1 and cannot find a PCM. If anyone has a 1998 Manual Trans SOHC PCM lying around, let me know.

Has to be 1998 only

derf 08-17-2009 12:06 AM

pick n pull yard for the harness and PCM are prob your best bet...

Kickstand80 08-17-2009 07:47 AM

Did the pick n pull- none to be had

Nothing local, thats why I expanded my search to forums

derf 08-17-2009 07:15 PM

what's special about 98 that it has to be 98 only (please enlighten us on the caveats)?

Kickstand80 08-29-2009 08:47 AM

If YOU know something the rest of us don't

I have not been able to find ANY reference to the use of a PCM from ANY other year in a 1998 SL1. If you know something more about the use of another year PCM in a 1998 SL1, please pass this information along to the rest of us. If not, I am still looking for that elusive SOHC MT PCM W/Cruz.

I currently have a DOHC MT without Cruz installed in the car. The service wrench light is on, but the check engine light is no longer on, as it was with the auto PCM in the car. I will deal with the service light later as it might just be the upshift light that I do not have hooked up, or it may be the DOHC PCM looking for a MP3 gear ratio and I have a MP2 installed.

But in the mean time I would like to get my Cruz working again. The cruz was still functional after the Auto to Manual trans swap. The swap did not affect the function of the cruz. I have read that the cruz possibly would not work with the Auto PCM in the car. When I changed over to the MT DOHC PCM, the PCM was not programmed for cruz, so it no longer works. I know that Saturn might be able to restore my cruz with their diagnostic computer, but my local Saturn shop does not know 100% that they can do it AND they want 70.00 to just hook up and check with no guarantee.

If I can find a SOHC MT PCM with cruz programmed into it for 40.00 or less, it would be worth my time and $$$$$$ to go that route.

So back to the question, "why 1998 only"? Because ALL of the Saturn Forums that I have checked say "stick to same year and model" when doing the PCM, because no one seems to know any better.

I can tell you that you can install a 1998 DOHC MP3 MT PCM in a 1998 SOHC MP2 MT car and it will not throw a CEL, the service wrench light is another matter thou.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......................... If anyone has access to a pick yard and can find a 1998 SOHC MT PCM with Cruz, I am willing to pay 40-50 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for it. Please Please Please make sure it has Cruz!

sw2cam 09-11-2009 05:25 PM

Call a SATURN parts counter, they WILL tell you what years interchange if any.