PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Parting out 2008 Aura XR 3.6 - LOTS of parts available!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:16 PM
Default Parting out 2008 Aura XR 3.6 - LOTS of parts available!

Hi all!

I am new here & was going to register awhile ago when I first picked up a 2008 Aura XR for my daughter. It was my first Saturn purchase and I have to say, it has been a super reliable car…up until the time my daughter got into a wreck a little over a month ago. We bought it used & she put around 70k miles on it. Other than some recall-related work (brake switch) & new door latches all around, it has only needed routine maintenance items – oil changes, brakes, tires and a battery. So because my daughter didn’t have collision on the car, I did what any dad would do…decide to strip the car for parts, lol! :xeye: OK…maybe not ALL dads would do this, but I’ve always liked tinkering with cars since I was a kid, and I also own my own automotive accessories business, so I figured I would try to help her out by stripping the car & selling the parts to get her some money to put toward her replacement vehicle.

So with that said…we are parting out the car. For reference, the car is painted Transition Blue metallic (GM paint code 78, 400P or WA400P), and the interior is titanium (light grey). It had most, if not all of the options available on the XR trim level.

I will list the parts in two groupings. The first grouping is what remains with the remains/shell of the car (basically what this means is if you need the engine, you’ll get the transmission, body, brakes, etc. – these items are not available separately so you would buy the remains of the car as a whole, take out the parts you need & then either sell what you don’t need or scrap it). These parts are not available individually. The second grouping (sorry for the long list!) is for all of the parts that have been removed from the vehicle and are available individually or of course you can buy more than one part.

First group – the remains/shell of the car – these parts stay with the vehicle and are not available individually:

3.6 liter V6 VVT DOHC Engine (incl. alternator, AC compressor, power steering pump, intake, air box, etc).
6 speed automatic transmission & drive axles, bearings, hubs, etc.
**If you'd like to see a video of the car starting, running & driving, please ask & I can email that to you!***
Steering wheel, shaft & rack
Ignition switch
Coolant recovery tank
Brake master cylinder & ABS pump
Complete front suspension (struts, a-arms, brakes, etc.)
Almost complete rear suspension (coil springs, brakes, etc.)
Exhaust system & catalytic converters (dual outlet muffler has the passenger side pipe bent up & will need to be straightened)
Gas tank & fuel pump
Floor shifter assembly
Powertrain, transmission, body control modules
OnStar module
Instrument cluster
Gas/brake pedals
Parking brake pedal & cables
4 donut tires/wheels
**With the remains of vehicle you will also receive the title**

The second group – all of these parts have already been removed from the vehicle and are available individually (or, of course, you can buy any number of parts):

Drivers side headlamp assembly
Passenger side headlamp wiring harness
Driver’s side front fender (no rust, some paint scuffing, small ding on the top edge toward the rear.
Front bumper cover with grille, radiator cover & license plate frame (no foglights or foglight grilles) – this is actually not from the car, rather I bought this a couple months back to replace the original bumper cover on the car & my daughter got into a wreck before I had a chance to install the cover.
Driver and passenger side fender turn signals with wiring
Hood latch
Hood support strut
Upper radiator support brackets (right & left)
Upper grille support brackets
Hood bumper
Right & left front impact sensors
Passenger side front fender liner
Horns – high & low note
Engine cover
Electrical center cover
Windshield wiper motor & wiper linkage assembly
Windshield wiper arms
Windshield washer fluid bottle
Underhood pad & retainers
Rubber gasket that mounts under the leading edge of the hood
Windshield wiper cowl panel
Assorted electrical relays
Door hinges (driver/passenger, front/rear, upper/lower, with bolts)
Door strikers
Passenger front door limit strap
Passenger front door chrome side molding
Passenger front door chrome handle assembly
Passenger front door actuator/latch/rod/cable/door lock ****
Passenger front door window regulator, power window motor
Passenger front door speaker
Passenger front door wiring harness
Passenger front door side impact sensor
Passenger front door glass
Passenger front door inside panel
Passenger rear door (complete) includes handle, actuator, handle, door panel, glass, wiring harness. (Couple shallow small dents near the top & a more significant dent along the bottom. Still very usable, and no rust).
Driver’s side front door (complete), no rust, no dents, one tiny ding
Driver’s side rear door (complete), no rust, no dents
Driver’s side power heated dimming mirror (option code DD0)
Driver’s side lower rocker panel
Gas cap door
Passenger side rear shock absorber with upper mount & bolts
Rear bumper reinforcement bar with bolts (minor dent on one side but still completely usable)
Rear trunk struts (both)
Chrome trunk lid applique (the one that goes along the bottom edge of the trunk lid)
License plate lamp
Rear lamps wiring harness
Passenger side taillight LED assembly (not the taillight itself, just the LED circuit board)
Trunk lid carpeting
Trunk side & bottom carpeting, cargo nets, trunk mat
Trunk weatherstripping
Scissor jack & related parts
Rear deck 2-way speakers
Factory amplifier
Remote keyless entry receiver
Antenna amplifier module
Roof rail airbags, right & left
Complete roof wiring harness (connections for sunroof, lighted sun visors, dome light, lighted overhead console)
Overhead console with maplights, sunroof switch & Homelink garage door opener controls
Inside rearview mirror with auto dim, OnStar & custom orange colored compass display (factory mirrors have light blue-green display)
Sun visors, lighted
A pillar covers with integral speakers
B pillar upper & lower covers
C pillar covers
Rear deck cover with speaker grilles
Headliner & retainers
Rear coat hooks
Right & left seat belt height adjusters
Floor carpeting
Rear seatbelts
Front seatbelt receptacles
Factory am/fm/6-CD/XM-ready radio
Rear seat audio controls & floor console wiring harness
Floor console storage box, trim pieces, side panels, etc.
Floor console cupholder
Floor console shifter chrome trim ring
Floor console shifter trim/storage box/power outlet
Steering wheel audio controls, cruise control switches, transmission tapshift controls, steering wheel rear cover
Steering column cover
Turn signal/headlight switch
Windshield wiper switch
Ignition switch trim
Dash trim applique
Dash air vents right & left
Center dash air vent/hazard light switch/passenger airbag status indicator
Upper dashboard cover
Assorted dash trim pieces
Glove box
Driver’s side lower dash cover & small storage pocket
Under-dash covers
HVAC temperature door actuator motor
HVAC controls (auto climate control)
Door sill plates (front/rear, right/left)
Front right & left kick panels
Hood release handle & cable
Passenger air bag
Adjustable pedal/fog light switch/dash lighting dimmer switch
Front power/heated leather seats with side airbags
Rear split fold-down seats (includes frame)
Stability control/yaw rate sensor
Airbag SDM module
Shark fin XM Radio antenna
Sunroof glass, sunroof track, sunroof motor, sun shield, grey sunroof opening trim
Tires 225/50/18 Mastercraft LSR – 3 brand new with zero miles, 1 used with 40k miles
Door weatherstripping
Various rubber grommets & body plugs
Sunroof drain hose body grommets

In most cases, you’ll also receive any nuts, bolts, screws, clips, fasteners, etc., that I could salvage when taking the parts off the vehicle…stuff you’d typically not get if you buy from an online junkyard.

I've also attached some pix of the car after the accident but before I stripped it.

Please note that larger parts, such as the remains of the car, doors, seats, dashboard, sunroof, etc., would need to be picked up. We can ship smaller parts, as long as they can go via the US Postal Service. If you need to pick anything up, I’m located in Three Oaks, Michigan – about an hour or so from Chicago, 40 minutes from South Bend, Indiana – right along the Indiana/Michigan state line, about 5 miles east of Lake Michigan in the far southwest corner of the state.

And there might be more parts, lol! I tried to list everything, but knowing me, I may very well have missed a few items, so please message me with what you need and include your offer on the part(s) you need. Only thing I ask is that you be fair with your offer – I’m definitely not looking to get rich in the deal, just trying to help my daughter out and get her a few bucks so she can put this toward her next vehicle. And if you don’t see something listed, please ask…so if I haven’t already removed a certain part, it may still be on the car & I may be able to remove it for you. You’re also welcome to email me directly at rearviewmirrors@csinet.net.

Thank you & have a BLESSED day!
Bob Prim

Old 11-26-2018, 11:22 AM

Damn, that WAS a nice looking car. As long as your daughter is okay the most important issue. I'm guessing she is since she's car shopping now.

Old 11-26-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed
Damn, that WAS a nice looking car. As long as your daughter is okay the most important issue. I'm guessing she is since she's car shopping now.
Yes...walked away from that. Had to crawl out of the sunroof as the car went down an embankment, hit a tree & then was flung up onto it's side (hence the oddly dented trunk). Just shaken up & a bit of a headache but hospital gave her the all-clear. And yes, it was a nice car. We've never owned any Saturn before so when we picked this one up I was impressed on fit & finish, and then also on how problem-free it was in the 2+ years we've owned it. I tried to convince her to get another one, but she decided she wants something else.

Now buy some parts, lol!

Old 11-27-2018, 07:22 AM

I would, but I don't think any of them would work on my KIA. And, I have no money. I live on my Social Security disability and it barely pays my bills. If not for my son helping out, I'd be bankrupt.