Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-30/)
-   -   2000-02 GM factory fender, bumper cover, fog lights (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-30/2000-02-gm-factory-fender-bumper-cover-fog-lights-12230/)

tennisrrm 12-29-2020 08:50 PM

2000-02 GM factory fender, bumper cover, fog lights

I donated my 2002 Saturn S Spring Edition to charity a few years ago and have new parts I got from GM which were never installed. They are free. One is a left front fender, the other is a front bumper cover.

I also have OEM fog lamps, GM fog lamp switch, used wiring harness, other things needed to install original fog lamps on your Saturn. All are free.

Contact Richard at huskiestennis@yahoo.com.

derf 12-30-2020 02:01 AM

For the record could you please specify SL, SL1, SL2, sc1, SC2 for model? Thanks.

Also, what people refer to as the 2002 S spring special is essentially not a special edition/production variant, it is a vehicle the dealer is pushing hard to sell in the spring for a discount price to get it off the lot. In this case, 2002 was the last year for S cars so the dealer was trying to get all the s cars off the lot to make room for the 2003 ions.

tennisrrm 12-30-2020 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 66124)
For the record could you please specify SL, SL1, SL2, sc1, SC2 for model? Thanks.

Also, what people refer to as the 2002 S spring special is essentially not a special edition/production variant, it is a vehicle the dealer is pushing hard to sell in the spring for a discount price to get it off the lot. In this case, 2002 was the last year for S cars so the dealer was trying to get all the s cars off the lot to make room for the 2003 ions.

HI,
Yeah, I got all that. I bought the car from the original owner in 2010 so I work off the original invoice, original sales slip and all other original documentation for the car when I provide the above information. For the purposes of the parts I am offering, it doesn't matter whether it is an SL, SC or what variant of those it is. These parts fit 2000 - 2002 Saturn S models (a term used to cover the entire class of those you listed). You could refer to Saturn brochures and other sales literature as well.

I did not mention that the "spring special" is any sort of a special edition of the car. You are correct that it was the label for cars that needed to be gotten rid of before the major change of the Ion introduction in 2003. Hardly a "special" edition, it was a totally stripped-down SL with manual windows, manual driver's side mirror, etc. Again, this comes directly from the manufacturer's invoice as well as the sales receipt. The only option my friend ordered for the new car was a premium sound system with extra speakers. Otherwise, it is totally stripped down.

Hopefully any other responses I receive will be to the point of interest in the parts I have to offer. Thanks.

derf 12-30-2020 05:40 AM

I posted that for the benefit of others. Not to tell you your car is not a special edition priceless limited production vehicle. You already know that. Didn't say you were misrepresenting anything about that aspect, so I'm not sure why you are offended.
------------
However,
Your sweeping statement that the front bumper cover you have fits ALL 2000-2002 S cars is factually incorrect.

1) Coupe front bumper covers in 2000 differ from 2001 and 2002.
2) Sedan from bumper covers for SL and SL1 are the same for 2000 - 2002, but are different from SL2 front bumper covers which are body color, not black.
Source: gmpartsdirect.co
-------------------

So please list the model of the vehicle and the individual part numbers of the parts you are offering . Common practice which avoids propagating misinformation similar to what you have already posted regarding fitment.

Thanks.

Rubehayseed 12-31-2020 07:07 AM

Hey Andy, if you're anywhere near this guy, maybe you'd be interested? You can never have to many spare Saturn parts!

derf 12-31-2020 10:27 PM

Andy, if you save up enough individual parts you can build an entire S car. And probably not fit in it.

02 LW300 01-01-2021 10:59 AM

The shelves are already full of L parts, I am too old to change cars again. L cars to the end now, working on the 2000 LS1 this weekend.
Happy New Year!