Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Stay safe Rube. (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/stay-safe-rube-11073/)

02 LW300 09-10-2017 11:54 AM

Stay safe Rube.

I know there is no high ground in Florida. Stay safe, see you after the storm.

Rubehayseed 09-16-2017 05:06 PM

Thanks Andy. We hauled our butts over to Mississippi when we were ordered to evacuate. We just got back in our house today as the power was out until last night. No way in hell that we can stay in a 90 degree house. That plus the fact that both my wife and I use CPAP machines at night. We'd have probably died from the heat or suffocation. Anyway, I've been cleaning up the yard today. Probably got another 3-5 days working at the snails pace I do. Got the insurance people coming out Friday to inspect the minimal damage to the house and major damage to my water softener. It took a HIT! With the large oak trees I have, I'm really surprised that none of them came down or at least dropped large branches on the roof. I've trimmed them since moving in and THINK that all of the limbs I cut away from the house may have helped. Lost all of the food in both freezers, but insurance adjuster told me to make a list and he'd put us in touch on how to get that replaced. Right now eating ramen noodles and canned pasta. Not much else left in the house except for peanut butter and jelly. BUT, nobody died around here and most of the other homes have some damage far worse than mine. Maybe living in a wood house isn't so bad after all! LOL The newer homes with stucco and vinyl siding took the hits. A couple will have to be entirely sided again and several will need new roofs! I'm hoping that maybe I can make some cash by helping some people with clean up.

02 LW300 09-16-2017 10:18 PM

Glad you both made it through! I work for an electric utility and we have sent people from Salt Lake City to Georgia. A bunch form Oregon left today for Davenport Iowa to fill in for the group from there that is down by you somewhere in Florida.

Rubehayseed 09-17-2017 07:24 AM

There are crews here from as far away as Canada too. God bless these guys as they've been working 16 hour shifts to try to get the power restored to as many as possible as fast as they can. My power was only off for 5 days. Some folks still don't have it, but I heard on the news that the entire state should have power back by this coming Wednesday. That's pretty amazing to me. These electrical workers are definitely earning the pay checks they'll be getting. Gators, cotton mouths and mosquitoes abound in a LOT of the areas they are working in. That and stupid people that want to cuss them and ask what took so long. Really?

19bonestock88 09-22-2017 06:30 PM

I don't get it either... I did some storm duty work back when I worked for Osmose and they would always cuss us for their power being off for however long... Then they would get angry at me for not fixing it, never mind me telling them I'm only out to assess the damage... Glad you didn't take too bad of a hit down there, I was worried too

Rubehayseed 09-23-2017 08:31 AM

Everything's cool, Bones. Just waiting to hear back from my insurance company. I lost a couple of shingles, got a gutter ripped off and my frigging water softener system took a major hit to the control box. The lid for the reservoir is long gone too. Pisses me off because I'd just put 80 pounds of salt in the sum beech about a week before Irma came to visit!