Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Got rid of the Cruze... (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/got-rid-cruze-9968/)

goaliemo 04-30-2015 10:53 PM

All I got out of that was...
"I plan on buying a base wrx in the future, and doing a full build with a big turbo on the redline...because racecar"

19bonestock88 04-30-2015 11:03 PM

I wouldn't mind having a base, non-WRX Impreza, as in just a 2.0i like my wife's, just with a 5speed...

They're the polar opposite of my Redline... Soooo quiet inside, and rides smooth...

goaliemo 04-30-2015 11:07 PM

I think whatever I said was all jumbled up then. I got my Subaru models mixed up.
damn it. time to go google.

derf 04-30-2015 11:55 PM

No it is funny as hell the way it is

Originally Posted by goaliemo (Post 47988)
All I got out of that was...
"I plan on buying a base wrx in the future, and doing a full build with a big turbo on the redline...because racecar"

goaliemo 05-01-2015 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 47998)
No it is funny as hell the way it is

#becausedomesticisracecar

19bonestock88 05-01-2015 12:19 AM

I'll have to get used to what the redline is packing now, before I go any further at all... It's still kinda scary when you punch it in 2nd and get a full second of wheelspin...

But I do like out new Subie, CVT and all(they programmed it to act like a 6speed, and it seems to)

sw2cam 05-01-2015 02:22 PM

Sube does make a damn good car, and if I needed AWD that would be on my number one to look at. Till that day comes my next new car will be the Forte5 like my brothers, except I want the 201hp turbo. Not a pocket rocket like my nephews Speed3 or my buddies Focus SX, bit a little extra for having fun.

19bonestock88 05-01-2015 11:35 PM

If you're looking for fun, you might consider a WRX... I'm pretty sure they are priced on the sane side of thirty grand... Not sure how much that Forte5 turbo will cost...

...and you might inform your brother about my Cruze experience... I would really hate for him to recommend one, and then the new owner have the same experience I did... In AZ, coolant loss would definitely cause an overheat condition(in short order)and in extreme cases, engine failure of some form or another...

Why GM did away with the L61 as a base, volume engine, is completely beyond me... Got the same/batter mileage than the 1.4T, similar power, and it was reliable as a brick...

derf 05-02-2015 12:55 AM

oh don't worry, his brother predicted it to be a total failure before it ever came of the assembly line. He didn't directly predict the unreliability, but that's implied with all GM products with the exception of some of the Saturns

goaliemo 05-02-2015 02:33 AM

I thought about it earlier at work. I got the wrx and evo mixed up. Silly Billy.