Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Dish Network Satellite Tv (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/dish-network-satellite-tv-11410/)

02 LW300 07-26-2018 11:34 PM

Dish Network Satellite Tv

We have been using Dish network satellite tv for almost 20 years. We live out in the country and there is no cable out this far. We did have Direct tv for a while back in the 90s and it worked fine, this is not a bashing of any sort. I have always liked to purchase my equipment and just go month to month. I do the same thing with my cell phones so maybe it is just me. We have 5 single point of use receivers throughout the house plus a HD receiver in the living room for the 37” hd tv. The Hd receiver has always been more trouble than the others, it quits and has to be restarted while the SD receivers continue to just plug along.
Monday this week the hd receiver quit for most of the day, I was able to get it back on line in the evening. The Verizon phones were off with no service for a couple hours in the afternoon also that day. This morning at exactly 9 AM my time the HD box just shut off, I reset it and I thought it would be ok and I left for work. When I returned tonight my wife told me that the box did not come back on all day. She was fine using the Roku watching something else. We watch movies on the Roku when we find nothing on the Dish satellite worth watching.
I looked on Amazon for a replacement HD box and found the Dish Wally box that plays HD. About $80 delivered, I started to read through all the questions and answers about the Wally. I noticed that the Wally will not work with any other of their boxes on the same account. I have the 311 SD boxes at several locations, they mirror programming for $5 per box.
I called Dish to ask some questions and the representative told me the Wally would work fine to replace the dead Vip222 HD box however my other boxes needed to be upgraded. Wait for it! They are sending six new Wally HD boxes to replace all my hardware for no charge! Thank you for being a long term customer. They would send out an installer for no charge but I had them just ship the boxes so my wife won’t have to be bothered.
Very pleased
Andy

Rubehayseed 07-27-2018 08:05 AM

I've had Dish for about two years here, Andy. Never had any issues with them doing whatever it takes to keep me a happy customer, either. I had them for several years in Tennessee. We tried another company when we first moved here (not naming names) but the just couldn't seem to get things adjusted right. They're the reason I cut down an orange tree without really needing to. Said it was interfering with the signal and he refused to tilt the dish, like I suggested.

derf 07-27-2018 10:14 PM

i'll be waiting for something free from comcast

like an outage

02 LW300 08-01-2018 09:23 PM

Wednesday has come and gone, no delivery from Dish. Tomorrow will tell the tale.

02 LW300 08-04-2018 09:53 PM

New appointment made with dish, the tech needs to replace the antenna and the switches also. So on Monday the 13th we should have hd in almost all rooms.

02 LW300 08-13-2018 11:40 PM

A tech, an apprentice and a boss showed up at 5PM tonight. They replaced the switches and cleaned up all the cables outside. The provided and connected 6 new Wally’s which are the boxes. Very professional and on time, they did a great job. The best part is the cost of the upgrade 0$. We now have HD on every HD tv. I highly recommend Dish Network.

Rubehayseed 08-14-2018 07:33 AM

Awesome news, Andy. And you got all that in plenty of time to watch some Cubs games as they head to another World Series title this October!