Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Dave's Back! (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/daves-back-10629/)

Dave4422 06-01-2016 05:40 PM

Dave's Back!

Just letting everyone know that I'm back in Illinois after some exciting times going to Florida and spending some time with the folks.
Unfortunately, the Saturn met an untimely demise on the way down. However only the car was dead and not anything else. A family member was offering a car they we're using, but that one had a death rattle (Hyundai junk). So, Dad took me shopping and I got a good deal on a '14 Honda Accord. It'll take some getting use to moving into a vastly different car.
I will be sharing my adventures through the smokey mountains and info on my new ride in upcoming posts. For now, my girlfriend is here to take me to Michigan for a week to move some junk out of her parent's place.
Oh and I picked up my first smart phone and already hate all of the typos my big fingers create!

derf 06-01-2016 10:48 PM

Glad to have you back.

How did the Satty meet its demise?

I've actually been wondering how the new Accords drive.

Dave4422 06-01-2016 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 54726)
Glad to have you back.

How did the Satty meet its demise?

I've actually been wondering how the new Accords drive.

I took a quick peek under the hood and saw the engine belt had snapped. That was accompanied by a terrific noise. I was engine braking at the time coming down the mountain when it let go. Thankfully I put it in neutral and there was a pull off nearby. Completed my trip in a rental after staying the night in Cherokee,NC .
Driving the Accord in short: sized like a Buick, rides composed but not bouncy, zippy steering if unconnected, efficient cvt, 185 HP is more than enough for most situations, 38mpg on the highway without trying is awesome, and Lx trim doesn't clutter the car with gadgets.
I forgot to add that some owners have complained about seat comfort. The chair lacks lumbar adjustment, so sit in it a long time if you are interested. I personally didn't have any trouble with it, but that may be just me.

Rubehayseed 06-05-2016 07:20 AM

Glad to hear you made it home, Dave. Romping and stomping the hell out of a car that wasn't designed to take it was just too much for the Satty. May it rest in PIECE (not peace)! LOL

Dave4422 06-05-2016 04:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's where the car met its end. There are worse places to die.

Dave4422 06-05-2016 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And this is the replacement.

Rubehayseed 06-05-2016 05:49 PM

Heck yeah! If I could choose a place to die, it would be somewhere like that. Or at the hands of a jealous husband! LOL

mandee_07 06-07-2016 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed (Post 54756)
Heck yeah! If I could choose a place to die, it would be somewhere like that. Or at the hands of a jealous husband! LOL

Lmao Rube! I love your frigging comments

Rubehayseed 06-07-2016 03:02 PM

Thank you, Mandee. My wife doesn't think some of my comments are that funny. Especially that one.:D

mandee_07 06-08-2016 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed (Post 54802)
Thank you, Mandee. My wife doesn't think some of my comments are that funny. Especially that one.:D

Well I'm sure she doesn't! Lol if I was her I wouldn't either!!!