Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/)
-   -   Anybody home!! (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/off-topic-10/anybody-home-11678/)

02 LW300 05-27-2019 11:20 AM

Anybody home!!

Pretty quiet out there. My Saturn is running great and my next project Saturn has no compression so I know that it is a major project. The garden is in and the tractor is part way back together, might work on it later today.
Andy

19bonestock88 05-28-2019 04:13 AM

I’m still here, still chipping away at my Ion project... the odometer just keeps climbing in this thing lol, I think I’m at 154300 or so? I’m experiencing some hardship on my end though, will update more from the other side, once I’m clear of some of it...

Rubehayseed 05-28-2019 08:19 AM

Still here, Andy. No money, no Saturn, no project cars and nowhere to go. Life in Florida sucks.

derf 05-28-2019 10:35 PM

Just finished the easiest oil change of my life on the '16 Audi A3.
Extracted through the dipstick tube, filter housing is on top
replace a filter cartridge and o ring, fill it up, circ it top off

Done.

If not for my tremor the underhood area would still be spotless. And yes I used a funnel.

97 SC2 needs some exercise.
95 SC2 still has fuel line issue, down in SE Ohio. Not mine in title, mine at heart.
One of my summer Saturn projects to get that back to at least its former semi-glory and into the hands of someone who will take care of it.
Fuel line fix, cam cover gasket, investigate exhaust cam timing while cam cover off (car drives too well to have crank out of sync w both cams (and all valves still intact)

Don't know if I told you, folks, I got a 40hr/week job as a Technical Writer for a pharmaceutical company in NJ. 100% remote. Can't beat it.
Can't even find time to do my personal consulting stuff.

I have never worked so hard at writing directions for how to use SW I do not know to analyze data I do not understand, acquired by experimental methods that produce said data that I know only in passing -- all as part of a larger biologics-based goal I cannot follow from beginning to end.

For once, I am totally serious.

Rubehayseed 05-29-2019 11:50 AM

Congratulations on the job, derf. Sounds awesome. I sure hope you get the 95 back. Is it a stick or automatic? Nice Savoy Brown lyrics

19bonestock88 05-29-2019 11:53 AM

From what I remember it’s stick?

derf 05-29-2019 10:50 PM

Stick it is.

Did you actually know of Savoy Brown back in their day? I've never met a soul who has ever heard of them....

Rubehayseed 05-30-2019 08:13 AM

I never had any of their stuff, but had some friends that had rather "eclectic" tastes in music and had an album. They really were into it and damn near every time I went by there, they were playing it. After two brain surgeries, my memory really sucks, but seeing those lyrics seemed to ring a small bell and I had to look them up. Ding, ding, ding. I HAVE heard that tune before. Too bad it was so long ago. Back in my partying days when I was quite often "in a fog". LOL Most often heard tune was Hellbound Train, though.

02 LW300 05-30-2019 10:13 AM

Nice thread hack! Glad everyone is ok. Off to work I go.....
Andy

02 LW300 08-29-2019 02:19 PM

Life in Florida is about to suck even more. Be careful Rube here it comes again.