Never been done to my knowledge. - Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Old 07-20-2017, 01:42 AM

Default Never been done to my knowledge.

So im contemplating installing a precision turbo on to my vue. I know someone on youtube who turboed a gen 1 but being the mine is gen 2 it might be the first ever turbo gen 2. However i jave run into a few problems like where to put the intercooler and turbo placement. I was thinking about doing a hood scope to allow fresh air into the turbo, ot doing a rear mounted under trunk turbo set up as it would be easier to mount all the parts.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:55 AM

Good luck with that. Most engines are NOT going to handle the abuse of just slapping a turbo charger on them. I'd highly recommend not doing it unless you're willing to upgrade your crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons and wrist pins at a minimum. Otherwise, you're likely to be looking for a new engine before long.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Assuming a 2,2 ecotec is in there from how you speak of it. The generic L61 2,2's are a solid engine, but they were not built w forged internals like the 2.0 LSJ in the Ion Redline.

I'd expect you could get away with 5-8 psi of boost with the stock engine. Don't have a clue about torque converter and tranny specs w r t handling the increased torque gracefully.

And if you have AWD, I'd love to see how the vehicle manages the power distribution if you lay into the pedal and slap into boost.