Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   News, Updates & Announcements (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/news-updates-announcements-11/)
-   -   Illegal to work on your own car. (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/news-updates-announcements-11/illegal-work-your-own-car-11705/)

02 LW300 07-05-2019 08:43 AM

Illegal to work on your own car.

https://jalopnik.com/sacramento-coun...own-1836085130

Another reason to not live in California that might be coming to your state soon!

Rubehayseed 07-05-2019 12:25 PM

I have a buddy in Sacramento County. I'm gonna ask him about this. If that's true, then that's just another log on the fire he has for wanting to move already. LOL

derf 07-06-2019 10:28 PM

I'm sorry but that's just idiotic. I also do not believe you can be charged $700 to challenge a ticket. That cannot be correct. A ticket is a ticket is a ticket. Should cost no more than appealing a parking ticket. I should be careful, moving violations may be different I don't feel like erasing everything I just typed.

Keep your no windowed garage door down and it won't be an issue. I know that's not what anyone wants to hear but if they can't see it they can't prove it and they don't know it. Sounds like prohibition to me

Rubehayseed 07-07-2019 07:05 AM

I keep waiting for the police forces in California to start wearing the Nazi S/S style uniforms and saluting one another with the slanted, raised right hand. I have family in the southern part of CA and they don't have issues like this. Is the governor known as Hitler yet?

19bonestock88 08-07-2019 11:19 AM

I agree there it’s some BS. Kinda like HOAs regulating what car you can drive to protect property values... from what I understand, that’s what it’s about anyway, God forbid you stain your garage floor...

Rubehayseed 08-08-2019 07:55 AM

I don't know about the laws in CA or other states, but doing research here in FL, if a neighborhood doesn't have an HOA in place before ground is broken and construction started, it's ILLEGAL. The developer has to show the intention of the neighborhood being under an HOA or it's all null and void. I had neighbors that broke up an illegal HOA here in the neighborhood next to the one I live in. Seems like a LOT of people were in on it and had to repay a LOT of money and pay some hefty fines. They finally managed to make my neighbors lives such a living hell that they sold their house up the street from me and moved back to Tennessee. They've found a couple of places that they think I'd like and I'm getting ready to go check them out in a few months. I've had enough of FL and the heat, humidity and crooked people here along with the crappy health care are telling me it's time to get out.

derf 08-08-2019 08:38 PM

Keep plants in the back seat, attach a pull handle to the front tow hooks, keep a wrecked ignition resting in there and claim it's a mobile planter.

Rubehayseed 08-09-2019 07:26 AM

That's hilarious, derf. Can you imagine? LMAO

tap4154 08-11-2019 08:15 PM

Years ago I lived in an apartment complex here in So Cal that had rules against working on vehicles in the carports or parking spaces, but I just pulled onto the city street right outside the apartment ,and parked for minor repairs. Frankly, I can understand it. No one want to see a car on jack stands for weeks in a carport, as some guy changes out the engine etc. I think this law in Sacramento county is mainly aimed at folks trying to run an auto repair business out of their garage in a residential area. Not to stop folks working on old classic cars etc. Besides, how will they know, if the garage is closed? BTW I have a '73 Celica on my driveway under a nice cover, not currently registered (it's under "planned non-op). Just needs some brake line work (future project), and it's otherwise in great shape for it's age. It's legal because it's on my property., and there's no HOA here.

Also no one in my neighborhood would complain. Across the street has classic cars he works on in the garage, couple houses away has a nice old Fiat he's been working on for several years. But we all try to keep the neighborhood looking tidy as possible.