Soon to be new owner of 1998 Saturn sc2.. can you guys help me out? - Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums > General > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

Soon to be new owner of 1998 Saturn sc2.. can you guys help me out?

New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Soon to be new owner of 1998 Saturn sc2.. can you guys help me out?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 PM
Default Soon to be new owner of 1998 Saturn sc2.. can you guys help me out?

Hey guys so as the title says I am about to be the new owner for a sc2. I am a previous Saturn owner, use to have a 03 Saturn ion that ran great with no issue. Unfortunately it was totaled earlier this year .
Well I have another chance to get another Saturn and Iím taking it!! Just have a concern maybe you guys can help me out with!
For one this is the first car I will have thatís a 2 door car so already a little different but I definitely mind!
Well that being said, Iím expecting my first child next February and was wondering if baby seats are in issue fitting in the back?? I heard mixed things saying you need to get certain ones or all will fit or I will have to get a lower base and seat.
I donít wanna pass up a good car just because of that issue.. does anyone know of any car seat brands that have no problems fitting?
anyone have experience with having this car and a car seat in the back?
Otherwise I found a decent reliable car for now for me and my little girl so no complaints

Last edited by Sarah18957; 10-22-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Change title
Old 10-22-2018, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

The 2002 and newer Saturns have the lower baby seat attachment points. I think the earlier cars only have the top mount but you need to check. You will need to use the seat belt to retain the child seat. I donít know how much of a pain that will be in a two door.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 02 LW300 View Post
The 2002 and newer Saturns have the lower baby seat attachment points. I think the earlier cars only have the top mount but you need to check. You will need to use the seat belt to retain the child seat. I donít know how much of a pain that will be in a two door.
Hmm okay thatís good to know. I will check. The person selling it to me told me he never really had problems getting his kid in an out but Iíll see. Ehhh even if itís a bit of a pain Iíll manage lol