Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/)
-   -   New (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/new-12307/)

Debbie Scott 04-02-2021 01:38 AM

New

Hello, I'm Debbie an I own a 2001 SC1 series an has over 260,000 miles, but runs good.

Rubehayseed 04-02-2021 08:18 AM

Welcome to the forum, Debbie. Are you having problems with your car that you need help with? If so, this is the place to be.

derf 04-02-2021 11:47 PM

Welcome to our little Forum.
I suspect you've been keeping up with oil changes and regular maintenance.

Debbie Scott 04-04-2021 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie Scott (Post 66716)
Hello, I'm Debbie an I own a 2001 SC1 series an has over 260,000 miles, but runs good.

Thank you for the welcome here. I've had my car for almost ,2 years an the car had set in all the weather, an it just sat for about 4 years. The tires were pretty good tried wise. But when you go into to curves left or right, it's makes a roaring sound. Lol Anyways going to have the right size tires put on really soon. (When the stimulus hits my bank) the car runs good but gonna get tune up, new tires, an alignment, brake job. Lol Got to keep it up lol Ok I think it might need new shocks too we will see how the update I do on her to see if it fixes a few things. You guys an ladies have a great Happy Easter Sunday!! Thanks again, Deb 🙃

Debbie Scott 04-04-2021 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 66726)
Welcome to our little Forum.
I suspect you've been keeping up with oil changes and regular maintenance.

Oh yes I sure have but it's really due for some maintenance for sure. Has over 255,000 miles so trying to babe it for sure.n

derf 04-04-2021 07:42 PM

Is that roaring sound when you take curves to the left or to the right? Is it coming from the front or back?

Debbie Scott 04-04-2021 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 66739)
Is that roaring sound when you take curves to the left or to the right? Is it coming from the front or back?

Yes it does it when you turn left or right an sounds like coming from the front. Thank you do much for any help you can give me as I'm disabled 59yr old single lady an it worries me about being taking advantage of with things like all about cars. I know enough to get by an have a good mechanic I trust. I used to help my ex- husband change oil, spark plugs, I can do some of the basics lol. Thanks again for any help, much appreciated 🙃🙃

Debbie Scott 04-04-2021 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 66739)

PS. The tires on the front are 165 an the back ones are a lil taller than the front. Can't wait to get money on the 7th to get 4 new tires, the size that came on the car when it was new. By the way the car came from Florida no rust that I can see tho. The turning has no clicking sound just a roaring when you turn left or right in curves.

Rubehayseed 04-05-2021 08:18 AM

If the new tires don't do the trick (which I doubt) it's most likely a wheel bearing. I wouldn't be surprised that they're the originals.

Debbie Scott 04-05-2021 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Rubehayseed (Post 66743)
If the new tires don't do the trick (which I doubt) it's most likely a wheel bearing. I wouldn't be surprised that they're the originals.

OK thank you very much I appreciate your help, I thank you for your time. I will have it looked into.