New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

My SC2 is my baby

Old 06-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Banned
Thumbs down My SC2 is my baby

Hey I am the owner of a 2001 SC2 black/black leather.. and I love it. I've found recently that the re-sale is pretty high considering..

But what i really need to know is WHERE do i find replacement OEM PARTS.. all the places i used to frequent no longer have the parts in stock..

So frustrating.

I'm in MA. (New England) and currently looking for a drivers side leather bucket seat (backrest) and have been for a few years.. without any luck

Old 06-13-2016, 06:38 AM

Welcome to the forum. Too bad you're not in Nashville. Last time I was there, the local Pull-A-Part had a LOT of Saturns. And some had leather interiors. A complete bucket seat was under $40. That was with the tracks. If you take the tracks off, it's $5 to $10 less! Crazy!

Old 06-14-2016, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

I can vouch for the fact he is not being sarcastic. He has fetched me several parts off of 96 and earlier s coupes. Look them up on line.

Welcome to the forum.

The supposed standard GM OEM parts availability window is 10 yrs. Don't think they stuck to that though you can buy alot of OEM things that never break. EBay is OK for finding used OEM sometimes.

You did purchase a 15 yr old vehicle manufactured by a long since shuttered division. I'm not sure what kind of expectations you had. It was never as popular as a 71 Chevelle SS 396...

Last edited by derf; 01-01-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Banned
Default Thanks all for the warm welcome

FYI: I purchased the vehicle new in 2001 so I didn't purchase a 15 year old vehicle expecting to find parts to restore it.

I wish I knew about the salvage yards in Nashville last year as I was living in Atlanta, it would have been an easy ride to get, quite likely, many parts.

I've searched all the usual online possibilities such as EBAY, and any other areas that popped up, I'm pretty handy with software searches since I've worked with it for over 30 years but nowhere did the nashville salvage yards come up sadly...

Appreciate the support, I'll figure this out, I have several hundred friends in Nashville, perhaps one of them would grab one for me and get it shipped.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Apologies. I myself drove a brand new 97 SC2 off the lot. The manner in which you asked the parts sourcing led me to believe it was "new to you" and you were shocked that the OEM parts supply was pretty much gone.

We get those kinds of incredulous posts.....

Again, welcome to the forum.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:23 AM

Since you have that many friends in Nashville, that would be an easy solution. BUT I have to ask, if you get one to go pull a good seat for you, and yours is in good shape except for the cover, wouldn't it be more economical for them to remove the covers from the cushions and just send THOSE to you? I'm just trying to figure a way to save you some cash.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Banned
Default leather back rest assembly on 2001 sc2

You know. maybe but I'm not sure how that works. The leather is worn away and the foam is coming through. I didn't realize the leather was simply a cover but you have given me another idea... i wonder if anyone near me could simply redo the leather.... hmmmmm.....also I searched all of the lots you mentioned online, no results found.

Old 06-16-2016, 06:54 PM

As far as searching the Pull A Part lot in Nashville for an SC series, they don't break it down like that. I found that out by going there. I asked for a list of SC's and they didn't have any! I asked for a list of S series and found out by walking the yard, there were 7 SC's mixed in there. Someone would actually have to go out on Centennial Blvd and pay the dollar to get in and walk the GM section to look at all of the Saturns. Probably take between an hour and an hour and a half because GM covers a LOT of space there.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:50 PM
Banned
Default seat thingy - technical term

Ahhhhhhh yeah I get it.. well DARN IT... shoot!!!! Okay i'm scheduled back in ATL in a few months, maybe I can take a look at the GA locations..

ARGH. how unfortunate. i didn't find this forum sooner..

I'll take pictures of my SC2 soon and post

Old 06-17-2016, 06:40 AM

Just go to www.pullapart.com. Atlanta has 3 locations. North, South and East. I have no idea why they don't have a West location. Maybe the cost of property? Anyway, good luck with the hunting. You can find parts prices on the site too. Just remember it's a crap shoot finding what you need. A leather bucket seat with power track will run you $34.95 at the Atlanta South yard. I used to check everyday for a new arrival and then haul *** to the yard and HOPE that I was one of the first to start picking it. And I lived 85 miles west of Nashville at the time.

Last edited by Rubehayseed; 06-17-2016 at 06:45 AM.