New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 05:30 PM
Default Introduction

Got a message from our moderator. I got to do things. Like make a signature, and 10 posts by March 25th.

So, Hi,
I will introduce myself. Always been a car nut. I had a 1930 Model A Ford before I could drive. Still have it
Went railroading one summer break in college and never looked back. After 40+ years in the industry, I am now retired.
I have too many cars thanks to a farmer friend who lets me store them at his place. Other than the A, I have a 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible, a 1981 Pontiac Bonneville Brougham with only 26k, a 1989 VW Fox 2dr wagon, and daily drivers are 1995 Plymouth Neon DOHC Sport Coupe, 1995 Dodge Dakota 4X4 pickup, 1999 Dodge 1500 Ram Van. And of course the 2008 Saturn Aura which brings me here, and that replaces my beloved 1993 Jeep Wrangler which got too rusty for it's own good. A good highway car is what I need right now.
That's about it.
Casey

Old 03-16-2016, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Casey.
Glad you decided to respond to the moderator's message; he's kind of an *** but overall he's an OK dude.

We like to keep it lively around here, therefore the "show me you want it" approach to forum membership. Nothing personal.

There are a couple of old farts around here so you shouldn't feel alone.
We've found that a lot of old farts know stuff. So we like when they join.
If you can take and dish out some harmless jabs, you'll fit right in.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM

Welcome to the forum, Casey. I'm also a Mopar man, so you have a compadre!

Old 03-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Three Dodge DD's all running at the same time?

I figured you had three so at any given time one of them would be running

(Rube opened the door w the Mopar comment.....

Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 AM

Mopar Man? Does it show? Yeah, just look at my daily driver list. I was friends with a Dodge salesman, but his dealership was absorbed by a mega-dealership, he went to Oldsmobile briefly, and I lost contact with him.
My social group, and a childhood friend are all Mopar guys almost to the point of it being a religion. So I'm comfortable there. But look at the collector cars. A Ford. 2 GMs, and a VW. Cars just sort of find me. And I easily fall in love. I get grief from my friends. I'm the Captain Slow of the group.
And if I needed a new car today, I now have a friend at a Ford dealer. I hate going into a dealership cold to the point I'll change brands. I just love cars.
But I'm steeped in the Mopar way, and I'd love to find a '68-'69 Barracuda notch-back one day. But I'll probably find something else along the way and fall in love again.