Saturn  Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums

Saturn Forum - Saturn Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/)
-   -   How long does it take for inactive accounts to get banned? (https://www.saturnforum.com/forum/new-member-area-9/how-long-does-take-inactive-accounts-get-banned-12943/)

lanxer57 01-27-2024 11:25 AM

How long does it take for inactive accounts to get banned?

Just curious. I usually only post when I have something to say/ask, and can sometimes be inactive for a few weeks...

derf 01-27-2024 12:07 PM

If you become an ass, that's the exact length of time.

If you visit once every 7 years without being an ass, your account stays active. It could be longer.
----------
The exact cut off is, by committee, calculated by the number of years Saturns were mass produced
=2010 - 1991 inclusive = 20

minus the number of years GM had its head completely up its ass (2000 to 2003 passlock BCM debacle)
=4

minus the number of Saturn Relay vans ever seen on the road by the totality of members ever on this forum
= 8 (need to check this)

Plus the 1365 x the number of deaths in the ion ignition switch tragedy GM actually took responsibility for

=0

plus Plank's constant h 6.62607015 × 10-34 m2 kg / s (from the familiar formula for a photon's energy e = h*nu where new is the frequency of the energy)

Plus the number of 4 mm bolts in a Samsung front loading washer used in clamps for hoses

=0

Minus a value between 1 and 10 rolled on a 20-sided D & D die. If the number rolled is between 11 and 20, no one cares. And I mean no one.

= 1-10

Making the final answer to the number of years before your account gets banned...

Variable + 6.62607015 × 10
-34 m2 kg / s.

grcauto8453 01-27-2024 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by derf (Post 71946)
If you become an ass, that's the exact length of time.

Still laughing.

02 LW300 01-27-2024 06:24 PM

And I really enjoyed High School Math Analysis and Calculus courses. If only I had wanted to continue in college. Did I tell you that both of my parents had Master’s degrees before WWII. I never graduated from college much to my parents dismay. LOL

lanxer57 01-27-2024 07:06 PM

Math... a demonstration of far greater intelligence than I have, or need. But what about the number of months that an automatic transmission can last in my SC1: 6. Already on its third one, and showing symptoms of "reverse slam". Looks like another valve body, input shaft nut is in order...

derf 01-28-2024 12:39 AM

Manual swap. What are you waitin on?

derf 01-28-2024 12:46 AM

Oh, and thread jacking.....

Rubehayseed 01-28-2024 08:30 AM

Thread jacking?? You been talking to my wife behind my back? LOL

lanxer57 01-29-2024 03:23 AM

The manual swap has to wait because neither me, nor my younger sister that I share the saturn with know how to drive a manual. While it is okay for me to be unable to drive until I learn that skill, my sister needs the car almost every day, and does not have the time to do that. I would first need to buy a vehicle with a manual in order to figure it out, because I do not want to destroy someone else's transmission.

I just need to keep fixing/replacing the automatic whenever it breaks, I now have a crane, so that should make the almost routine at this point procedure easier, and safer than balancing the engine and sub frame on a couple of floor jacks.

Thread jacking... is that a term for abruptly changing the topic?

derf 01-29-2024 06:30 PM

Can't drive a stick shift?

Guess you won't be stealing any Hellcats.

Saturn 5 speeds are one of the most forgiving manual transmissions I've ever encountered. On a flat surface, you can slowly let out the clutch in first gear and the car will not stall. It will move along.. I wonder if the overall car theft rate has dropped for manual vehicles.

Jack my thread again and you're gone. (jk)