New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

Burning through ac compressor

Old 06-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Default Burning through ac compressor

I've had my 2001 saturn l200 in several times now for ac. Issues they've been in compressors several times but they only work for a short time then burn out now they won't do it anymore. Any suggestions?

Old 06-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Please rephrase your question so that we may better understand the current issue and the historical issues related to your AC system.

Are you saying you've had the compressor replaced multiple times only to have it fail repeatedly?

If that is the case, either the compressors are not being installed correctly or there may be an issue somewhere else in the HVAC system that is causing the compressors to work themselves to death.

Again, please rephrase so we may best assist you

Thanks

Old 06-18-2018, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by derf
Please rephrase your question so that we may better understand the current issue and the historical issues related to your AC system.

Are you saying you've had the compressor replaced multiple times only to have it fail repeatedly?

If that is the case, either the compressors are not being installed correctly or there may be an issue somewhere else in the HVAC system that is causing the compressors to work themselves to death.

Again, please rephrase so we may best assist you

Thanks
I guess I don't really know how to say it I've brought the car in several times saying do what you need to do to get the ac working so they order hundreds of dollars in parts, fix it and it works for a little while and stops, they say they don't know why, and their parts supplier doesn't know either, tried new and refurbished and were done under their warranty after the 1st couple times. But now since it keeps happening they won't do it anymore. .. guess I should maybe try another shop. But have been with these guys for years. Just don't know how Noone seems to know what's going on? Thought maybe someone on here may have an idea. Thanks

Old 06-19-2018, 07:48 AM

Are they flushing the entire system and getting all of the old "s*&t" out? It could be that simple. Something initially exploded and spread shrapnel throughout the system and they ain't clearing it out.