New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride...

“New” guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 05:51 AM
Default “New” guy

hey guys, I’m sure I’ve had an account with this website years ago, but I can’t for the life of me remember the email or username I used.

6 years ago I bought my first Saturn. It was a 1997 SL. I drove it for 4 years, bought my current Saturn, a 2001 SC1, then sold my old SL.

This week I’ll be buying what I expect to be my last Saturn. A 2002 SL. I say my “last Saturn” because this is the one I expect to keep as my good MPG daily driver until we stop driving cars and start getting shot to work in vacuum tubes or something like that.

Ive been a Delivery Driver for a fast food sub shop for longer than I care to admit, and ever since I bought my first Saturn I decided they were the way to go. Great on gas, very reliable (in my experience). They’re basically as reliable as Honda’s and Toyota’s claim to be so long as you’re not banging up against the redline all the time. I’m drowning on here, but now that I think about it I’ve never hit the redline with either of my Saturns. I guess if you don’t drive Saturns like a high school kid in a Honda trying to impress his prom date they last as long as you want or need them to.

Anyway, this is getting a little long. I plan to soak up some info from this website, as well as post my repairs and modifications to hopefully help some other people with their Saturns. Some of the content I post might be a little redundant, so I’ll try to summarize the best I can (unlike this new member post).

Glad and to be here, I’m looking forward to some interesting discussions with other members.

Old 06-26-2018, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

I'm known for posting overly verbose replies and rants, so it's all good.